Snowball Fight

Fluff
Human Au (Not related)
Tell me if I need any trigger warnings.
Thank you so much for 1k reads!!!

Three friends walked through the snowy park and laughed at their memories of causing trouble as kids. It was one of their last days together before one headed off to law school. They were visiting a lot of their old hang outs to reminisce before they were split up. The tallest trailed behind and scooped up some snow, snickering to himself. Time for some mischief.

Another group of friends weren't too far away in the same park doing the same thing. Three were sitting on a bench while the other two just stood in front of them as they talked happily. Two were heading off to different universities and one to cooking school. Most of them got very emotional at almost every memory brought up.

A white ball of snow flew through the cold air and smacked Roman right upside the head, sliding down his white coat. He squealed and almost dropped his hot chocolate. Remus cackled because even if Roman wasn't his intended target, it was still hilarious. Roman whirled around and glared at Remus, passing his cup over to one of his friends. He scooped up some snow and flung it at Remus. It splattered on his face, entering his open mouth and shutting him up. Remus wiped off his face and smirked, "Oh, you're on!"

Janus and Virgil, Remus' friends, made their way over to Roman's friends to watch the snowball fight play out. Roman and Remus ran around the park, throwing snowballs at each other. They ducked behind trees and even other people. They stripped of a few outer layers as their adrenaline warmed them up. Somehow, Remus ended up with a bucket. He chucked buckets of snow at Roman, who said that was cheating. They squealed and laughed but didn't forget the "seriousness" of their competition.

Almost an hour passed when Roman tackled Remus into the snow. Remus flicked snow into Roman's eyes and escaped his grip. He stumbled and lost his balance in the snow as he tried to run away. He grabbed Roman's arm as he started to fall. They both squealed as they went tumbling down the hill in a mess of limbs. Plopping into the deep snow at the bottom, they panted and laughed. They were definitely going to be hurting once their adrenaline faded.

Remus pushed himself up and looked down at Roman's happy face. Both of them studied the other's face for the first time since they sort of met. Remus' sparkling, emerald eyes, mustache, and pierced ears that he'd done by himself with a needle in the bathroom at eight-years-old. Roman's warm, brown eyes, faint freckles, and the small scar on his cheek from using a real knife for a sword as a kid. They both smiled and tried to speak at the same time. They giggled. Remus gestured for Roman to go first. Roman sat up and held a hand out, "I'm Roman."

"Remus." Remus shook his hand. "Sooo, are you free next Saturday at seven?"

20:15 July 27, 2020