Acknowledgements

Dear Readers,

I am so so glad to announce that Poison Ivy | T. Riddle has finally reached completion. This plot took a lot of effort to craft and write and for that I want to say a lot of thanks to my lovely friend Imaan Farooq [Purplemist14] who had thought out the main concept and I took the plot from the Honeydukes Plot Shop at hogsmeadecommunity so thanks to both her as well as the community for giving me this plot.

But first of all I want to thank each one of you who read Poison Ivy, regardless of whether you were a silent reader or an expressive one. Without the support of my readers, this story would not have turned out so well and obviously I am very very grateful to all of you who read, voted and commented on this story. Your continuous support motivated me to keep writing it till the very end.

My special thanks to the following readers because they have supported this story through their lovely comments on most chapters and I appreciate it a lot:

Purplemist14: You are the reason I got this amazing plot and characters, so of course I am extremely grateful to you. Also you have supported me from day 1 of writing this plot and seeing you here at the end as well warms my heart. I looked forward to each comment from you and many of the ideas I got for the story were through analyzing your comments and figuring out what was expected from me.

An-Sifakah: You are one of those readers who have supported this story by being there at every single chapter and making my day brighten through your comments. Readers like you are a blessing to authors, trust me.

hellmiina: Your comments always made my day and the first time I saw you in my notifications, I was literally squealing with excitement that one of my favorite authors at Wattpad is reading my book. Besides, you have such a funny and distinct way of commenting that most of the comments made me laugh and I'm glad you read and supported the story.

_moondusts: One of the main reasons I hoped to never get writer's block, I wanted to keep writing continuously because I didn't want you to get interrupted while reading it. And even though there had been a time when I had to leave this story due to lack of inspiration, you were still there for me when I resumed updating and I appreciate it.

booklores: I am glad you read and supported my story through your votes and comments. I hope you have enjoyed reading Poison Ivy and thanks once again for being with me in this wonderful journey.

ivorymoons: You are one of those special readers who go in depth of the story and analyze everything thoroughly. Your comments were always so detailed and motivated me to keep writing. Plus you judge everything precisely and got all the little clues hidden in the chapters.

Today marks the end of Perseus Burke's journey of resisting the Dark Lord for 66 chapters and about 70K words. I have tried my best to do justice to this wonderful plot and I sincerely hope you all liked the story from the beginning to the end.

I had started writing this story on the third of August 2018 after taking the plot from Purplemist14 like I've mentioned above. I picked this plot because it was different, it wasn't another cliche Tom Riddle love story and it wasn't set in the commonly used eras of HP fanfiction.

Besides it felt like a challenge because Imaan had come up with a such a great concept and would totally have written it herself but couldn't since she was quite busy in her tough routine. So I wanted to write it for her and while this hasn't been a co-written story, she has been with me every step of the way and supported me throughout.

At that time she had provided me with a brief outline and two characters; Tom Riddle and Perseus Burke. As the story progressed I added characters to it in order to flesh it out and set the timeline accordingly using HP Wikia for most of my research.

This story is set in the time frame of 1949 to 1980 and since it covered a long era and so many events had taken place in that specific time frame, it took me two years to finally bring this fanfic to completion. Plus, you don't get to see many fanfics written focusing on Tom Riddle after his graduation from Hogwarts and before he became known as Voldemort so it required a lot of research but I am glad I wrote it out for all of you out there who are interested to know what Riddle was up to in his long years of almost vanishing from the Wizarding World.

There were some characters that were initially not supposed to be there in the fanfic, the foremost being Abraxas Malfoy, Eridanus Riddle and Nathan Whitburg. But as the story progressed, these characters came to life before me and I could simply not leave them out.

I am proud to say that each event in this story is tied together and each character plays a significant role be it a main character as Demelza Burke or a side character as Abraxas Malfoy. I am thinking of including a chapter which elaborates on all the significant characters present in this fanfic so I can share with you my experience writing them out. 

While I know many of you did not want Perseus Burke to die in the end but it had to be done because for souls like him the only true solace and eternal freedom lies in the embrace of Death. I had thought out an alternate ending but in my opinion, the ending which I chose eventually is fitting for the story and that alternate ending could not be as well suited.

I have given this story my best and have invested a lot of time, research and effort into it and I hope it pays off well. I have tried my best to develop the characters as well as I could, giving them complex but realistic personalities. Let me know what you think of this story, if there's something that needs correction or just anything you would like to share with me regarding the story because all your comments will be highly appreciated and welcome.

The best thing about writing this plot was that I improved a lot due to the appreciative and constructive feedback provided by my lovely readers. I met so many great people through this story and I am glad to have them in my life.

I have to edit it and go through everything once again before I submit it for the Wattys2020. Yes, I will be entering it into the Wattys this year and I am very excited about it too. I have also entered it in 1989 Awards for Harry Potter Fanfictions by lectiophile_wholived but the competition is tough there because the category I entered in contains awesome fanfics which I think you should check out as well.

But the journey doesn't simply end here because I have planned to write a sequel/spinoff of to this fanfic which will focus on the life of Eridanus Riddle, his school years as well as his role during the First Wizarding War.

It will be titled Titan Arum | E. Riddle and will be posted soon on this very account.

Hope to see you all there and thanks once again for reading this fanfic

Hope to see you all there and thanks once again for reading this fanfic. Stay safe and have a great lovely day.

Love from,

Viola Beckham.