Closure

This is a request from @ChocolaLaquin I hope this is what you envisioned and lives up to any expectations. This is definitely one of my favorites I've written!

 This is definitely one of my favorites I've written!

It was the day of the final task. Cedric and Harry were tied for first place. The tensions within the school ran high, but many students were relieved that the champion was bound to be from Hogwarts.

You, on the other hand, were still extremely nervous for the outcome. Every moment for the past few months was leading up to today.

Cedric wanted nothing more than to make his father proud and get Hufflepuffs the recognition they deserve. He's worked so hard and it seemed to have been paying off so far.

You sat in the library, a book on charms laid in you hands. As your mind wandered between the book's contents and the task later that day, the man of the hour pulled out the chair next to you.

"Hey, what are you still doing here? The task starts in 30 minutes" he trembled. You could hear the worry in his voice. He was too prideful to admit it, but he was nervous, borderline scared.

"I know, I know. I'm just looking at some last minute spells that might be useful. It's kind of hard though, you know considering the fact we have no idea what's going to be in the maze."

He took you hand, "Y/N you're my girlfriend, not my personal assistant."

"I know but I'm just trying to help. See look at this one," you handed him the book pointing to a spell on the top of the page, "Protego. It's a protection charm. It's like a big invisible shield that deflects all conjurations besides Unforgivable Curses."

He looked at the book intently. You tugged it from his hands and flipped to another bookmarked page. "And this one, 'The Jelly-Legged Jinx' it's name is pretty self explanatory." You were slightly shaking, causing the book to as well.

He took it from you and stood the two of you up. Placing the book on the table he said, "I'm going into a terrifyingly large maze, I don't think turning anybody's legs to jelly will be my first instinct." Both laughing quietly, he pulled you into a hug.

"I'll be alright Y/N. I promise. As long as you're in the stands cheering me on, I'll have a reason to get back as soon as possible." You squeezed him tighter. He brought your chin up so you could look into each other's eyes. He pressed a small kiss to your forehead and said,

"I love you." This made your heart flutter. No matter how many times he said it, it always made you feel like it was the first time.

"I love you too."

***

Holding each other's hands, you and Cedric approached the quidditch pitch, though now, it was overtaken by the large maze. As you reached the Champion's entrance, he grabbed your other hand. Tightly holding them, he looked into your eyes.