Intoxicating

You lightly knocked on the door labeled "prefect"

You lightly knocked on the door labeled "prefect". Waiting for a response, you stood fidgeting in your pajamas. The air was cold, which caused you to slightly shiver.

Nobody answered, so you opened the door a crack and peeked your head through.

There you saw your cute boyfriend, sleeping soundly. He laid on his stomach and clutched the pillow he rested his head on.

"Cedric" you whispered. He didn't stir.

"Cedric!" you whispered much louder this time. You felt bad waking him, but he finally sat up.

Groggily he mumbled, "Y/N? What are you doing?" He motioned you to come over to him.

Closing the door behind you, you walked over to him. He held his arms out for you. The poor boy sat looking exhausted. His eyes were scrunched up as they tried to adjust to the darkness, but his face overall wore a look of concern.

"I was trying to fall asleep." You embraced him and he squeezed you reassuringly, "but I kept overthinking and now I'm worked up for no reason."

He pulled out of the embrace and looked at you comfortingly, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. His wam fingers tingled against your cold skin.

You continued, "And I don't know why, but I really wanted to be with you right now."

He shared a small smile, "Of course, love."

You stood between his legs as he sat on the edge of the bed. Your arms were wrapped around his neck and he lightly caressed your cheek with his thumbs as he cupped you face.

"Come on" he yawned, crawling back into his bed.

Pulling the covers to the side, he scooted over to one edge to make room for you.

Carefully you crawled up onto the bed. The sheets were cool, but still slightly warm from the heat of Cedric's once sleeping body. Under your fingertips, the soft fabric felt familiar. You exhaled a breath you didn't know you had been holding in.

Just being in Cedric's presence calmed you immediately. As you nuzzled into his pillow, you felt the duvet fall over your cold skin. A small smile crept on your lips knowing it was his way of making sure you were comfortable.

Cedric laid next to you, and once he got comfortable he pulled you into his chest.

His arms were wrapped around your torso. The warmth from his body finally heating you up. After a short time, your heart rate began to slow, you began to relax.

You laid there for a while, waiting for sleep to overtake you, but it never did. All you could think about was Cedric now; it's almost like you were excited to be with him, despite the fact that you see him every day. It made your heart skip a beat.

You turned towards him. His face was highlighted by the moonlight peeking through the window. You laid your head on his arm and he welcomed it with a slight hum.

Sleep rested peacefully on his features; his eyes rested shut, his lips slightly parted, and his nose was flaring as he breathed.

The rise and fall of his chest against yours was comforting, but you couldn't take your eyes off him.

Being with him was intoxicating.

His free hand came and cradled your head, his fingers tangling in your hair before resting against you softly. Another small, sleepy hum left his lips.

Quietly giggling at the cute noise, you brought your hand up to his face. Your pinky sat almost near his ear along his jaw, the rest of your fingers spread across cheek while your thumb brushed lightly against his lips.

He hummed again. You stared at him contently, admiring every inch of him; everything that made you love him so much.

Each time you were with him, you found something new you admired about him. Wether it was a new freckle, a new part of his personality, or even another emotion he showed, they all made you swoon. You knew you'd never run out of things to love about him.

It sounded ridiculous when you thought about it to yourself; but you just couldn't get enough of him. You always felt giddy and a plethora of happy feelings. The way you felt with him was outright compelling.

He was your best friend and your companion and it was terrifying how much you loved him; but you embraced it every chance you got.

His eyes fluttered open and looked at you. A small but tired smile appearing on his face.

"Hmmm hi" he mumbled.

You simply smiled back at him, "Hello."

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Your hand still rested on his face. His hands were now playing with your hair. Slowly he leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of your head.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I always look at you like this."

He laid listening with a small grin, stroking your sides as you continued. "I'm always smiling uncontrollably like an idiot when you're around. I can't help it."

His smile grew.

"I just like how you make me feel when we're together. It's all warm and reminds me that everything is going to be alright. I don't know how to put it into words but I just want to hug you 24/7 and be by your side all the time" you rambled.

It may have been dark but you could see him blushing, "I don't know, you're just kinda addictive" you whispered.

His grin became so wide that the sides of his eyes were crinkled together at the corners. He lightly began tracing shapes on your back.

"I like holding you in my arms," he said as he pulled you closer to his chest, "it makes me feel safe. It's like I forget about everything else and it's just you.'

Now you were blushing while your fingers fiddled with the strap of his white tank.

He kissed the top of your head again.

Looking up to him, you saw his eyes looking down at you. He was tired, and it was visible on his features still.

You wiggled from his hold and kissed his lips. After a few seconds, you pulled away and said, "Thank you. For everything. I love you."

His hand grabbed either side of his face. He still was smiling at you sweetly, but his face held a sense of seriousness as he whispered, "Of course Y/N. I love you too. Always."

Lowering yourself back down to the mattress, you cuddled back into his warm embrace. He rested his head on top of yours. You listened to his heartbeat, and felt the rhythm of the rise ad fall of his chest lull you into a deep sleep.

This one was short and sweet :D

It used to be "Fall Asleep with Me" but I changed the title!

xoxo