A Meaning Without Purpose

WARNING!!!! THIS CHAPTER MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME

WARNING!!!! THIS CHAPTER MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME. IT QUIETLY MENTIONS SU!C!DE ONCE. I'LL PUT THE PARAGRAPH IN BOLD IF YOU'D STILL LIKE TO READ IT AND AVOID THAT SECTION. ITS NOTHING GRAPHIC OR DETAILED AT ALL BUT I STILL WANTED TO WARN YOU

***

The room had cleared of the D.A. students.

Only Harry remained. Or so he had thought.

Y/F/N Y/L/N stood in front of the mirror in the back corner of the dimly lit room.

He only saw the back of her head. She stood almost perfectly still. It's as if she was a statue. As he approached her, she turned to face him, probably having seen his reflection in the mirror.

"Sorry I should get going. Thanks again for another great lesson Harry." She walked towards the door, aiming to leave.

Harry looked to where she had just stood. Posted on the mirror was a picture of Cedric Diggory.

His stomach lurched.

She'd been just as devastated, probably even worse, at the boy's death. It was obvious the day she got back to Hogwarts after the summer.

She looked like a shell of what she'd once been. Much thinner, dark bags under her eyes, and her smile was obviously forced; but Harry was only certain of the former because he had worn the same one so many times.

I mean what would you do if the boy you learned to love over 6 years, and then fell in love with, finally asked you to be his, and then was brutally murdered in the same year?

Everyone at Hogwarts thought they'd been together since 3rd year because it was obvious they were in love with eachother, but they never really made their feelings known for each other until the tournament.

That didn't seem to matter to anyone anymore. People around always talked, and it was rarely good. Even Harry knew the only things she had to hold onto him now were the memories and the possible mementos she kept.

Feeling guilty for disrupting her, Harry turned and stopped her in her tracks.

"Wait! Please, you don't need to leave just yet." She turned slowly to face him.

Her face was filled with uncertainty but it held sincere gratitude for his offer. Step by step she made her way in front of the mirror once again.

"Thank you," she whispered to Harry from beside him, offering a thin-lipped smile.

"It's alright Y/N. Take your time" Harry replied thoughtfully.

Her eyes were glued to the moving portrait of Cedric. Seconds ago, she had looked pretty normal. Now she looked miserable; like she wanted to cry and scream and plead everything running through her head at the photo all at once.