Temporary

You sat in the library, nose buried in a book about basic Charms

You sat in the library, nose buried in a book about basic Charms. Unfortunately, you were no good at Charms and Professor Flitwick approached you about your declining grade. What was worse is that he threatened to suspend you from the quidditch team unless you brought it up to at least an Acceptable.

And no quidditch? That was something you couldn't let happen. So you had no choice but to study extra and get your act together before your next exam.

While reading about defensive charms, you felt the seat next to you become occupied.

The person didn't move, didn't pull out any books, no quill or parchment in sight. You could practically feel their eyes burning into you.

"Y/N"

The voice from which your name sounded made your eyes roll and stomach churn. Anger began bubbling through your veins. You couldn't stand the person it belonged to.

You turned your head glaring at the figure, "Cedric Muriel Diggory. What do you want," you spat.

"For the thousandth time, my middle name is Amos" he protested.

"Yeah I don't think it is," you replied.

He rolled his eyes but continued, "It's literally my- whatever that's not why I'm here." You smiled triumphantly to yourself, pissing him off always made you smile.

"So get to the point. Why are you bothering me?" you reemphasized.

He looked annoyed being next to you, and you felt the same way. Sitting there quietly, he looked to be contemplating wether or not to continue.

"Earth to Muriel! I don't like being in your presence as much as you like being in mine. The faster you spit it out the faster I can get back to studying."

He glared at you and the use of the awful nickname you'd given him first year. "I need your help."

You almost laughed. There's no way he was serious. The kid barely liked telling you "good game" after quidditch matches.

"Why on this great green earth do you need my help?" you were genuinely curious. You could swear he was the last person you'd ask for help from and knew the feeling was mutual.

"We'll you're a girl..." he trailed off.

You gave him a look questioning his sanity, "No really? I hadn't noticed." you quipped sarcastically.

"I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend." You stomach turned at the thought. You couldn't help but laugh. There's no way he was being serious.

"Very funny. Now really, why do you need my help?" you chuckled.

But Cedric wasn't laughing. In fact, he looked dead serious. You stared at him and slowly you realized he wasn't kidding. Your mouth fell open slightly.