An Apology

"Look, normally I'd just let it go

"Look, normally I'd just let it go. But McGonagall has been on my arse about it lately. So I have to do something," you explained to your best friends. 

Fred and George Weasley stood looking at you with their best puppy dog eyes.

"Oh come on Y/N," Fred started.

"It was just a harmless candy..." George finished. 

"That turns people into birds!" you shouted in a whisper. They laughed and high-fived. You rolled your eyes and continued to glare at them. 

"I may be your best friend but I'm also a prefect. Sprout has been catching on to the fact that I haven't bothered to deduct house points from you lately and somehow, pranks are still happening but you both haven't stepped a foot into detention!"

Their shoulders dropped slightly and they started to looked guilty. 

You walked up to them and engulfed them into a hug, "I don't like having to choose between my future and my friends, so PLEASE....." you trailed off looking to both of them, "If you're going to do anything, just make sure I'm not bloody around!"

Their faces lit up. Fred ruffled your hair and George leaned down and swiftly kissed your cheek, your face heating up at the gesture. 

They ran off with a last, "we never doubted you for a second!" between the two of them. 

You laughed in their direction, shaking your head. There'd be a time where you would likely have to get them in trouble, but you planned to hold that off for as long as possible. 

"You know," a voiced echoed through the empty hall, making you turn around, "at some point, you're going to have to start acting like a prefect Y/N."

Rolling your eyes and staring distastefully at the figure in front of you, you uttered, "I have no idea what you're referring to Diggory." His name flew off your tongue with venom. 

Cedric Diggory. You were not a fan. He held himself like he was top dollar and was so superior to everyone. Unfortunately, he happened to be the male Hufflepuff prefect in your year which meant, as the female prefect, you spent far too much time by his side. 

"Hanging out with those Weasley boys will get you nothing but trouble; they're just awful influences-" you cut him short. 

"Excuse me, but they happen to be my best friends. They are more than just trouble makers, they are genuine and kind people. Which is something that can't be said about you," you spat trudging past him.

"Y/N don't get your knickers in a twist, you're a prefect! They're the school pranksters. It's literally a disaster waiting to happen." He said blatantly. 

Turning on your heel, you marched up to him and poked his chest as you said, "Before I was a prefect, I was their friend!" You had come across people talking lowly of the Weasley's before, but for some reason, this time was different. The anger inside of you was uncontrollable. His insult lit a fire so bright in your stomach that steam should've been coming out of your ears and nose.