sweepover

When Dianne walked back into Joe's house after going and getting Lillie's things, she walked in on the cutest thing she had seen all day. Her daughter snuggled into Joe fast asleep as Joe was stroking her hair and scrolling on his phone. "Aww, so when did she fall asleep?" Dianne asked walking into the living room and sitting down next to Joe.

"About 5 or 10 minutes after you left, I also said we could maybe take her to  camera block through on Friday because she asked when she could meet everyone, is it okay?"

"Yeah that's fine, I've wanted her to meet everyone anyway, right let's get little princess in bed, I'm guessing she's having spare room right?"

"Yeah well Byrons room but he's out tonight anyway, you can have my bed and I'll sleep down here"

"Are you sure I'm fine to sleep down here if you want me to"

"Yes I'm sure di now go get this little girl in bed and then we can head off to bed too"

Dianne picked Lillie up and carried her through to the spare room quickly getting her changed, brushing her teeth and putting her back into bed without waking her once.

"I have one question" Joe said as she walked back into the kitchen.

"And what's that Joseph" Dianne said sitting down next to him on the sofa.

"How do you even manage to get her ready for bed without waking her like it seems impossible" Dianne laughed at what his question actually was it seemed a lot worse in her head.

"With 4 years of parenting practice, once your used to it it's really not that hard" This honestly just made Joe admire her even more, he was already blown away by her dancing and now her parenting too, and neither of them could ignore the fuzzy feeling that they got in the tummies every time they saw eachother, although they managed to push it to the back of their minds somehow.

"You amaze me" Joe said out of the blue.

"Really? What do I do that's so amazing?" Dianne asked sitting up.

"Just you in general, your dancing that just blows me away every time I see you, and now your parenting skills, Lillie's lucky to have a mum like you" this just made Dianne want to cry and soon enough it did, as she felt a tear run down her face. "oh no, don't cry, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything" Joe said getting panicky.

"Joe you haven't hurt me, I'm just crying because of what you said, no one has ever apart from my family said that I'm a good mum so it means a lot to me, especially when I often wonder if I made the right move, moving her half way across the world with me, after all it's only for my career, it just makes me wonder if I'm a bad mum and I could be doing more" Dianne cried into the sofa cushion.

"Dianne, don't ever say you aren't a good parent, have you seen the way Lillie looks at you, it's filled with nothing but love and happiness, and you made that happen, so don't ever say your a bad mum because your not and you never will be" Joe said wrapping his arms around her pulling her closer to him.

"Thanks Joe, I should probably go get ready for bed and sleep it's getting late" she said sitting up off his chest

"I'll go get you some clothes"

Minutes later he returned with one of his hoodies and pair of joggers.
"Thanks Joe, I'll go up now, night"

"Night di" Joe watched her climb the stairs up to his room before taking his shirt off and grabbing a blanket to sleep under.

~~~

Joe woke up the next morning to a little body climbing next to him.
"Morning Lillie" Joe groaned as he had just woken up wondering how she had so much energy.

"Joey! Hey, erm where's mummy?"

"She's upstairs little one, in my bed, shall we go and wake her up?" Joe suggested throwing the blanket off him, slipping a hoodie on, and picking the girl up and resting her on his hip as he climbed the stairs up to his room. When he walked in he saw, Dianne with no make up on, her hair messily up in a bun, asleep in his clothes wrapped up in the duvet. She looked beautiful. What Joe no she's your dance partner stop thinking things like that.
He told himself as he put the little girl down and waited in the door way until Dianne had got out of bed.

"Mummy! Wake up!" Lillie shouted jumping on the bed.

"Lillie, be quieter it's a shock when you get woken up by screaming" Dianne heard Joe say from the doorway.

"It's okay I'm awake now anyway" Dianne opened her eyes and was greeted by her playful daughter, spotting Joe stood in the door way.

"Morning baby, how are we?"

"I good, but why weren't you wiv Joey downstairs why you up here?"

"Because I don't sleep with Joe honey"

"But most mummy and daddy's do"

"Joe isn't your daddy though is he"

"I 'pose"

Dianne got up out of bed and followed her daughter out of the room, of course running into Joe in the process because he was stood in the doorway.
"I'm sorry about that" she said as Joe wrapped an arm round her.

"It's okay she doesn't understand, she's only young don't worry"

"But it was a out of no where"

"Di stop stressing over nothing it's fine"

Ngl I'm a bit confused as to why I decided to end this here but I did so ya know, anyway for some reason also wanted to update today so I did also since I'm near the end of the book with writing it I only have like 4 chapters left to write or something before I've finished this book so yeah anyway sorry this is a bit short but hope you enjoyed it, Bella xx