him

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ fights, blood.

Joe and Dianne were cuddled up on the sofa, as Lillie was in bed, it was about 7:30pm when they heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it baby" Joe stood up and opened the door seeing a rather short man about his height, with sandy blonde hair just like Lillie's stood there.

"Hi, is Dianne Buswell there?" The voice asked.

"Erm yeah, dot there's someone at the door for you" Joe moved the stand by the wall next to the door, not really trusting the man who had just shown up at his house asking for his girlfriend.

"Hey di, long time no see" Dianne stared at him in shock before slamming the door closed.

"Joe...i-it's him, it's Jason, h-how did he even find your house? Joe help" she broke down into Joe's chest, Jason knocking at the door again.

"Dianne, I just wanna talk"

"Dotty, just talk to him okay, I'll be stood here in case of anything, just talk to the guy" Joe said letting go of her as she wiped her tears away and opening the door again.

"J-ja-jason what are you d-doing here?" Dianne stuttered shaken up from seeing her ex and Lillie's dad, who disappeared 5 years ago, stood at the door.

"I wanna be involved with Lillie"

"NO!"

"Why not, I'm her dad anyway not this guy who I'm pretty sure is standing right next to the door right now" Joe felt his fists clench at the side of him.

"That guy is my boyfriend, and more of a dad to Lillie than you have ever been. You left a week after she was born Jason, you obviously didn't want the girl, why are you back here 5 years later?"

"Because I think I should get at least some custody over her, if not all of it"

"YOUR JOKING RIGHT, YOU WANT CUSTODY OVER THE CHILD I HAVE RAISED FOR THE PAST 4 AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE JOE CAME AND HELPED ME. NO. WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK YOU DESERVE ANY CUSTODY OF HER? YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THAT GIRL!" Dianne yelled, she was furious and all she wanted was for him to go. Disappear for the rest of her life, never having to see his face again. But no, of course he was here, standing on her doorstep asking for custody of the child he ran away from after a week of her being born.

"BECAUSE I'M HER DAD, NOT THIS RANDOM GUY WHO SUDDENLY THINKS HE CAN HAVE WHAT I HAD"

"HE CAN BECAUSE YOU DON'T DESERVE IT, HE DOES. HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR US, HE'S HELPED LILLIE SO MUCH AND BEEN THE BIGGEST DAD TO HER SHE'S EVER HAD"

"And what is my kids supposed 'dad's' name?"

"Joe, and why are you needing to know" Joe stepped round from the corner, he couldn't let Dianne face this man alone.

"Joe, ahah" Jason cackled.

"What's the problem with the name Joe?" Dianne asked, also now worried sick for her daughter that was sleeping in the other room.

"He doesn't look much like a dad either, he doesn't even have any strength, I mean look at him" Joe's anger boiled over the edge now, this guy was already pissing him off by wanting custody over Lillie, one of the most important people in his life, this topped it off.

"Oh yeah, I have no muscles do I?"

"Joe please don't" Dianne knew what was about to come, she saw both men's anger towards eachother and the fists they both had clenched at their sides.

"Sorry di" Joe apologised as Dianne closed her eyes tightly shut, only hearing Joe's fist crash into Jason's face, and then Jason's into Joe's.

"Guys please stop" Dianne cried tears rolling down her face, she didn't care about Jason being hurt, he deserved it, but hearing Joe get hurt, that she couldn't bare. As much as she pleaded they carried on, eventually making each other bleed, only making Dianne cry more. Then a face came round the corner, the one face she for once did not want to see. "Lillie baby go back to sleep please"