happy new year

Joe stood at the arrivals for what seemed like forever until finally he saw a red head and a little girl come running towards him.

"Joey!! I missed you!"

"I missed you too baby girl" he said smothering her face with kisses making her laugh.

"And I suppose I missed you too" he laughed standing up and placing a small kiss on Dianne's lips.

"Suppose?"

"I'm joking, of course I missed you" he brought Dianne into his arms as she burried her head into his neck "need help with bags?"

"Please, just the big one, I can do Lillie's bag"

"What do you even put in here it's massive honey"

"The stuff I need, what else? a plane?"

"Seems like it" Joe laughed whilst taking the bag and Lillie's hand as she walked between them.

"You guys alright for tonight?" Joe asked, it was late afternoon already and he'd have to get going to get ready and go over lines soon.

"Yes Joseph we're fine we can take a nap on the sofa if we need it"

"Okay I just don't wanna tire you out"

"We'll be fine joey stop worrying"

"I always worry, especially about you two"

They climbed into the uber and soon Joe had two sleeping girls resting on him. This was what he missed the most, the cuddles when they fell asleep on him, the cute little movie nights, and them in general.

"Dianne darlin, wake up we're here" he whispered shaking her awake.

"Hey, are we gonna wake little one up or let her sleep?"

"She can sleep I'll just carry her in and put her on the sofa"

"So I'm left with bags, great" dianne laughed.

"Well what do you want child or bags?"

"Bags, that kid is getting too heavy"

"Stop moaning that you have bags then when that's what you want" Joe laughed, and then felt Dianne lightly punch him in the arm "owww"

"Aww cmon that didn't hurt I tapped you" Dianne said as she got out of the uber and grabbed the bags from the boot.

"Just because your strong and have dancers muscles, have you seen me I'm like a 12 year old"

"Joseph stop putting yourself down all the time, believe in yourself" Dianne said grabbing his hand as they walked into the apartment block.

"You know I struggle with that"

"Yeah so I'm trying to improve it, because I hate it when my joey says he isn't strong, when he is"

Joe smiled and pressed the button in the lift to take them up to his apartment.

"I love you Joseph, never forget that"

"I love you too, and I won't"

The lift stopped and they went into Joe's apartment, Joe putting Lillie on the sofa and grabbing a blanket to put over her.

~~~

"3, 2, 1.. happy new year!" Everyone screamed as the clock chimed and fire works began to go off.

"Happy New year di"

"Happy New year Joseph" Joe leaned down and kissed her lips slowly.

"Is she still out"