Chapter Nine: Back, Safe

Terezi burst out into the main room, her eyes flooding with tears. She softly hiccuped, running around trying to find a place to be alone. That's all she could possibly handle right now, silence and herself. Maybe not even herself anymore..

What was up with him? The black eye, the worries expression. Just seeing her seemed to put him into shock and fear. Was she really that scary? Terezi covered her mouth her her hand, keeping her head down as she rushed through the bottom floor.

All of the thoughts clouded Terezi's mind as she just kept going. There was no point in stopping, she was already running, might as well keep going. Rushing up a flight of stairs, she sat on one of the steps, teal tears staining her hands and cheeks.

She really was awful. Everything Gamzee had done to her, every comment Dave said. She was terrible, wasn't she? God she had to go apologize to Dave. She needed that one person to go to, she needed to prove she loved him. And that's what she did.

After a few seconds of pulling herself back together, she stood up, wiping her teary and sweaty palms onto her pants. She walked down the flight of stairs, looking for the blond haired boy. She stopped him a few minutes later, sitting on the ground.

Why was everyone acting so strange lately? The question jumped around her brain as she spoke up. "Dave, I'm sorry." Terezi stood more into the shadows, holding onto the wall. She gave it a light squeeze, as if it was a person as Dave stood up.

"Really? You finally figured out what I meant to you? See, I didn't mean to hurt you like that. It's just, you know.. It's nerve wracking having some kid try to steal you away from me." Dave's voice was oddly calming, even hypnotic would be a fair word to use. "Come here, I-I just want to have you in my arms again." There was the sound of muffled sadness, probably because Dave didn't feel a thing.

But Terezi did. She took a few steps forward before rushing into the Strider's arms. A few more tears flooded her eyes as as felt him returning the gesture. At the time, she gave him long kisses, and short ones, everywhere his skin could be seen. She needed it, she needed the protection she felt.

Dave gently held her head against his chest so she couldn't see his face, only feel his gestures. "It's okay Terezi I have you now. And I won't leave you, as long as you don't turn back on me, like you did before, right?" There was a smirk on his face. One so wide if Terezi could have seen, something would have struck in her mind.

Instead she nodded, "Yeah, I promise. I know I was stupid. I'm just glad to have you back." Terezi reached up against , pressing a small light kiss to the Strider's lips. It didn't seem like he reacted for a second, but began kissing her intimately all of a sudden.

His eyes flashed up to see the figure standing at the stairwell doorway. He knew it was one of the two, so he might as well just give them a show~. Dave lowered his hands down her back a little, playing with the hem of her shirt.

It was perfect, the little game he could play. It was so easy to manipulate her. She already knew Karkat was just a wrong person, a terrible person because he shoved her away. Then she came crawling back to him, which was no problem at all. Of course he had the girl two other guys wouldn't mind banging in his arms.

He smirked wider at the figure, before picking up the already heated kiss. He picked Terezi up, wrapped her legs around his front and started walking away.

It's ironic how the things you see in the open aren't what happen behind closed doors.