𝟬𝟭. 𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉 𝗐𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽

( chapter one )

( chapter one )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

We all face trials in our lives

They're gone, honey, I'm so sorry—

They challenge us to over come them

No!—Please stop!

And if we don't

What do you mean your dad vanished, John B?

We're stuck.

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"Can you please not kill yourself?"

The voice of one of her best friend's from a distance caused Ophelia Bennett to leave her own thoughts. She made no indication she hadn't been paying attention, looking up at her other best friend, John B, as he balanced on the edge of a roof. The girl was leaning against the railing of a house that was under construction in Figure 8, also known as Kook territory. This was a regular occurrence for her and her friends. No authority and no boundaries—just as they liked it.

"Don't spill that beer," JJ warned, knocking his knees with Lia's, "I'm not giving you another one."

"Woah," and just like that, "oh, shit," the beer drops onto the deck, causing a huge splash of the liquid to splatter on the brand new wood instillation.

Lia scoffed, "nice going, dumbass."

Kie nodded along with her best friend, "smooth."

"Hey!"

"Hey, uh, security's here," Pope warned as he watched the officers get out of their vehicle, "let's wrap it up."

"Boys are early today," John B observed.

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll!"

Ophelia laughed at JJ's comment as she smirks at her friends, "alright guys, it's showtime."

The group of Pogues started running through the house, going under beams and down stairwells as they hooted and hollered, wanting to rile up the officers.

"Not much of a hugger, man!"

"J," Lia exclaimed as she ran ahead of him, "let's move it or lose it!"

"Is that a challenge, Bennett?"

"Only if you make it one!"

The two start to race to see who can make it to the van the fastest.

"Come here, you little pricks!"

Lia laughed as she saw the van come onto the road in front of her.