𝟭𝟲. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌

( chapter sixteen )

( chapter sixteen )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

The van slowed to a stop as it pulled up to Ophelia Bennett's vacant home. Pope, Kie, and Sarah were dropped off at their houses already, leaving John B, Lia and JJ in the van. Once the adrenaline left her body, the burning in her leg increased. As she looked out the window to her house, she muttered humorlessly, "huh, haven't been here in a while."

JJ got out of the driver's seat and opened the sliding door. He turned to John B, "take the van back to your place," he said, tossing his best friend the keys, "I'm stayin' here tonight."

"J, you don't have to—"

"Just shut up and lean on me, Bennett."

The two stared at each other before the girl sighed, nodding as the two boys helped her out of the van. JJ wrapped his arm around her waist and her arm around his shoulder to help her walk. After saying their goodbyes to John B, the two walked to Lia's house, the girl still limping occasionally.

The pair made their way through the empty house to the bathroom. Lia's house was a one story home just like the Chateau. Consisting of two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a family room. It wasn't much, but to Lia it would forever been known as her first home.

The Bennett girl huffed as she sat on the bathroom counter, careful not to fall in the sink. JJ stood in front of her after getting the first aid kit her parents used to keep for emergencies. He knew where it was because of the times he, Lia and John B would get roughed up when they were younger.

It was silent between them as JJ started to clean the almost dried blood from the wound. It was a semi long gash going down the center of the girl's leg. The girl didn't need stitches or anything but it still was pretty gnarly. Ophelia winced at the sting of the rubbing alcohol, breaking the silence, "shit."

"Sorry," the blonde boy muttered back as he kept his focus on the gash.

"It's fine," awkward silence filled the air once again as she leaned her head against the wall where a mirror presided, "so, what happens now?"

"Well," he cleared his throat, "now, we just come up with a plan to get the rest of the gold out. We're gonna meet everyone at the Chateau in the morning."

"Okay, cool."

"Mhm."

The boy gave Lia some cream to put on her leg as he helped her down off the counter. They traveled into Lia's room where she went to grab herself and JJ new clothes to sleep in, "here," she tossed him a fresh shirt and pants from the drawer filled with his and John B's clothes, "you hungry?"