𝟬𝟴. 𝗃𝗎𝗆𝗉𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗉 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗋

( chapter eight )

( chapter eight )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

( TW: unwanted touching )

After a night of dancing and a lot of eating, the Pogues met on a dock to test out the drone. JJ, Lia and Pope watched as John B and Kie fooled around under water on the screen in front of them.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man," JJ slapped his hands on the Heyward's shoulders as their two friends in the water came up for air, "what would we do without you to control the drones?"

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV."

"Shut up. It's too early for that right now."

John B spoke from the water, "hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to the lawyers in town and file a formal claim."

"It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?"

Lia scoffed, "it's the law, JJ."

"Yeah, there is the maritime salvage law," Pope added, "you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they're working for a comp," John B trudged in the water casually.

Lia furrowed her brows, "how do you know all of that?"

"'Cause my dad said it, like, a million times."

"Yeah, that's fair."

"The tether is, like, really long," Pope told them, "in the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

"Then we'll go at dead calm."

The Pogues looked up at the sound of thunder, Lia stiffened, "at slack tide?"

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the rest weather," Pope reminded them, "and today is not that day."

Lia felt an arm around her shoulders. She looked up and saw JJ as her head came down to his shoulder, looking at the brewing storm stiffly. She knew there was a possibility of them getting to the Merchant in the storm, and she knew she needed to grow a pair and not get rattled by the upcoming storm.

━━━ ☼ ━━━

Ophelia decided it was a good idea to help JJ and Pope with grocery delivery. Heyward had done a lot for her a while back when her parents died and she was always looking for ways to repay him.

"You guys get these groceries over to Figure 8," Heyward told the three, "get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'."

"Yes, sir," Lia saluted as she grabbed two bags, making Heyward chuckle at the girl.