𝟬𝟮. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗄𝖾𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋

( chapter two )

( chapter two )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"Well, that was fun," JJ chuckled from next to Ophelia from the HMS POGUE. The group of friends made their escape from getting caught and was now sailing across the Marsh, "could've warned us sooner."

"We would've," Kie defended, "but Pope was on the Math team."

Lia furrowed her brows at the new information, "you were on the math team?"

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene," Pope relayed back to them from what he saw, getting back on topic, "did you guys find anything?"

"Did we find anything," JJ muttered as he held up the stolen money and gun, "no, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did."

"What the hell?"

"Dude, what?"

"JJ, chill. Come on."

"Why would you take that from a crime scene," Pope incredulously asked after Lia's last comment.

"Better than the cops having it."

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

JJ shushed Pope by leaning the gun against the boys' head, "hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh. At least you have us, right?"

"I'm living the nightmare."

━━━ ☼ ━━━

The Pogues came back to shore where they saw Ms. Lana crying over her husband's dead body. Ophelia gasped, putting her hands over my mouth in shock. The girl knew the couple well, since she worked for them sometimes to help Ms. Lana with her lawn. Scooter was always nice to her and offered her food after the long hot days. Seeing his dead body wasn't a sight she wanted to see.

"Who's that," John B asked.

"It's Scooter Grubbs," Lia answered, her voice soft, her friend's turning to her at the sound of her voice, "I work for him and his wife sometimes in their yard."

A classmate of theirs nodded, "yeah, he was out during the storm."

"Holy shit."

Putting his hands on Lia's shoulders from behind her, JJ asked, "what kind of boat did he have?"

"Somehow that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White," the girl answered, "everyone's out looking for it."

The crew looked among each other in shock. What were they getting themselves into?

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"Okay. So, um," Pope panted as he jogged up the stairs of the Chateau, "we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total amnesia."