𝟭𝟭. 𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗄𝗒 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌

( chapter eleven )

( chapter eleven )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

The next morning was a day Ophelia was dreading. Midsummers. Ever since she became friends with Kie, she was dragged into being the girls' plus one. But she couldn't think about that right now.

The Bennett bounced her leg anxiously as she sat on her porch. Her gaze never leaves the water. She hadn't talked to any of her friends since yesterday and she didn't know what she could do to help. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't spoken to John B since before yesterday. It made her wonder if he knew what kind of trouble the rest of the group got into.

The brunette looked up as she heard familiar voices calling for her from the lake. She sighed in relief as she ran to the HMS POGUE where her two best friends stood. She smiled in relief and ran to the dock, her best friend cheering her on as they beckoned her to them.

Once the boys made their way on the dock and out of the boat, she immediately attacked the two boys in a hug, which they automatically returned. Lia pulled back from the boys, smiling at them before hitting them profusely.

"Hey!"

"What the fu—"

"You guys scared the hell outta me," the girl exclaimed as she turned to John B first, "you! I didn't see you for a whole day! No 'hey, Lia, I'm going somewhere that I won't tell you, but I'm not dead,' like, dude! Scared me half to death—I didn't know where you were."

John B hung his head in shame, "sorry, Lia."

She nodded, "yeah, you should be," she then turned to JJ, "and you. How stupid can you be?"

"Lia—"

"No. JJ! You're in so much shit! And the worst part is—I can't help you!"

JJ shook his head, "hey, that's not true."

"Yes it is," She retorted, then focused on his face, "oh, my God. JJ, what the fuck happened to your face?"

When she tried to grab it, he moved away, muttering, "nothing."

"This was exactly what I was afraid of! JJ, it kills me to see you like this, don't you get that?"

"I do. I do. Hey," he grabbed her shoulders to make her look at him, "everything is fine. I got everything under control, alright?"

She looked at him for another moment before eventually nodding, she turned her attention to both of the boys, "what're you guys doing here? I have to get to Kie's soon for Midsummers."

"We had to come here," John B explained, "Chateau is being watched."

"What?"

JJ sighed, "can we focus, please? First, I almost got strangled by Kooks—so did Lia—and now I'm on the hook for 30 grand. We should just dip."