𝟭𝟰. 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝖺 𝖻𝗈𝖺𝗍

( chapter fourteen )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"No effing way!"

Ophelia Bennett sighed loudly in annoyance as she dropped her head on JJ's shoulder while he, Lia, and Pope occupied the couch. The blonde boy chuckled and started playing with her hair as they watched Kie and John B go back and forth.

"You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

John B looked nervously at his three friends on his couch as they all shrugged—Lia mostly shook her head and rolled her eyes. As if she would chime in.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ said as he continued to play with Lia's hair.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," Kie goes on, "this is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope chimed in.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?"

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

"That's cute, guys."

Lia laughed at the pair as she watched Kie rant on, "you know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her here. I mean, how do you think Lia feels?"

Lia scoffed, "don't bring me into this, Kiara," if the girl was being honest—she didn't know what to think about Sarah being here. Sure, it's a bit weird having Rafe's sister here, and Lia wasn't even sure if the girl knew what her brother had done to her. This whole situation was just... weird.

"Wait, why would Lia be bothered by me being here," Sarah furrowed her brow looking back and forth between the two girls.

"Like you wouldn't know," Kie scoffed.

"Kiara, shut up, seriously."

Sarah finally had enough, "can you stop talking about me like I'm not here?"

"Then leave."

The blonde scoffed and looked at John B, "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly," Kie asked, "that you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit talking bitch!"