𝟬𝟯. 𝖽𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇

( chapter three )

( chapter three )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

It was later in the afternoon and John B had successfully borrowed the scuba gear from the Cameron's boat. The Pogues were in the marsh, getting ready to dive in. Lia inspected the tanks and noticed something, "this is empty," she turned to John B, "you took empty tanks?"

"I..."

She grabbed another one, "okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together."

"Does anybody know how to dive," Kie asked after Pope's comment. After a few moments of silence she asked again, "anybody?"

"It's kind of a kook sport," JJ shrugged in defense.

"I... read about it."

"Great, Pope read about, so someone's gonna die," Kie exclaimed, pursing her lips.

"Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could that be?"

"Well, If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends," Pope answered JJ.

JJ started to flatten his back, "bends like, bend over and—"

"—The bends kill you."

"Right."

Lia shrugged, "I can dive."

"Woah, woah," JJ furrowed his brow at the turn of the conversation, "I'm not cool with that."

Kie turned to Lia, "since when can you dive?"

"I used to go swimming with my mom all the time and she kinda taught me," the brunette shrugged as she looked down, avoiding their eyes as her mind flashes with her Mother's smiling face, "plus I can hold my breath the longest out of all of us. I'll do it. It's fine."

"Lia—"

"JJ," the Bennett stood from her seat, stopping any more disagreement from the plan, "seriously, it's fine."

"Let me do some calculations real quick," Pope calculated, "that boat's about 30 feet down. So, it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety spot at about... ten feet. Alright? For two minutes."

As the boy finished, the two females looked at each other and nodded. The two pulled off their shirts to reveal their bikini clad bodies, grabbing the all the boy's attention, and jumped into the water.