𝟮𝟬. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗉

( chapter twenty )

( chapter twenty )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"You sure he got everything?"

The group of Pogues (except for Pope) were on the dock of the Chateau as they caught up with John B. Ophelia was relieved to see that her best friend, her brother, was okay. She gave him a huge hug which he returned—not knowing he needed one until she actually hugged him.

"Every bar," John B answered Kie, after a while of silence, "the whole enchilada."

Lia watched in disapproval as John B ripped off his cast with a grunt, "John B—"

"It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

"John B—"

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

Lia scoffed, "you're gonna care when your arm gets messed up for life."

"Okay, mom."

The Bennett was about to clap back but heard footsteps coming toward them, "guys! Guys!"

The four turned to a sweaty and panting Pope as he caught his breath, "oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"How was the interview, Pope?"

"Don't ask," the Heyward boy grunted to JJ, he turned to John B, "JB... look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

"It's fine."

"But—but I don't have a lot of time, and—and I have information that is tactically relevant," seeing that got everyone's attention, he continued, "so, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?'"

The Pogues looked at each other wide eyed, "gold," Lia muttered.

Pope spazzed and pointed to Lia excessively, "exactly! Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

"Guys, we can't give up now," Kie smiled.

Lia turned to John B, "what's the plan, bro?"

"We're gonna steal that shit back."

━━━ ☼ ━━━