[39]

---

---

We sat and waited for Bella to wake up, the TV on, distracting us from the boredom and worry. I switched to Netflix, putting on 'One Day at a Time'. I moved so that I was lying down, my feet resting on Jasper's lap. 

"What-"

"'One Day at a Time', it's about a Cuban-American family," I explained. "Now shush."

I was halfway through an episode when Alice told Edward to go to Bella. I went to get up and join him but was told otherwise, something about Edward helping her feed. I rolled my eyes but did as they said, laying back down and watching the TV as I heard Bella wake up. I sighed, taking Renesmee off of Rosalie. Jacob watched carefully as I did so. This whole imprint thing was starting to piss me off. 

"Chill Jacob, I'm not gonna hurt her," I seethed before turning to the baby. "She's too cute for that," I cooed, rocking her. 

I sat down on the sofa, allowing Renesmee to show me her memories. It felt strange every time, seeing myself from another perspective, especially a baby's. Nevertheless, she enjoyed doing it, it seemed, so I let her. 

"Of course Edward gets to see her, they've been married five minutes and I've been her sister for like ever, but sure, he gets to be the first to greet her," I grumbled.

Renesmee giggled as if she understood me. I didn't know if she did or not, to be honest, but it was still cute.

"You're lucky you're not mine because I would have kicked Jacob's butt by now and lost you, only to find you in the kitchen sink or something ridiculous like that," I spoke. "Can you say, irresponsible?" I laughed. 

"You can say that again," Emmett muttered. 

I flipped him off from behind Renesmee so that she didn't see. Luckily, she didn't, but Emmett did gasp at me. 

"Grow up," I retorted. 

"I am very mat-"

"Shut up, Emmett," Rosalie interrupted. "You're not."

I chuckled, looking to Rosalie who sent me a wink. 

I continued to bounce Renesmee, her giggling occasionally as we waited for Bella and Edward to get back. 

"We should get a dog, as in the pet, not Seth," I voiced, turning to Jasper. "As much as I love him."

"Any reason why?" He asked. 

"Because dogs are cute and I want one." 

"Sure thing," he agreed. 

"Wait really? I begged my Mum for ages to get one and nothing ever worked. I tell you I want a dog and it's 'sure thing'?" I exclaimed. 

"Yeah. You want a dog, let's get a dog," he shrugged. 

"Fuck yeah," I exclaimed. "Woops, don't ever repeat that, Renesmee, okay?"