two

TWO

SCARLETT SAT ON THE TOP of a table, staring at the cork board in front of her

SCARLETT SAT ON THE TOP of a table, staring at the cork board in front of her. Papers and pictures had been pinned to it, red strings connecting each and every one. Though it had taken endless hours of restless work with her trying to connect the pieces, nothing about it was any clearer than when she had first opened the file. The resolution to the conflict was still the same: they were unstoppable. For now, at least.

Anonymous had first made its appearance in 2003. In 2006 and 2007 — the Hal Turner raid and the Chris Forcand arrest. Chris Forcand was a sexual predator, Anonymous aiding the arrest before detectives at local police stations could solve it.

In 2008, Project Chanology, a virtual and physical protest against the Church of Scientology. The Epilepsy Foundation forum invasion. The defacement of the SOHH and AllHipHop websites. The email hack of Sarah Palin.

2009. Hate against the No Cussing Club. The Iranian election protests. Operation Didgeridie — which sprouted after governments tried to block access to their image boards.

2010. Operation Smalltits, a protest against the Australian government due to the censorship of women with small breasts. (Scarlett truly did have fun reading into that particular case.) The Oregon Tea Party raid. Operations Payback, Avenge Assage, and Bradical. Operation Leakspin. Zimbabwe. Attacks against Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.

2011. The attack on the Fine Gael website. Arab Spring activities. Attack on HBGary Federal. Operation OuroBoros. Protests in Wisconsin. Operation Empire State Rebellion. Operation Sony. Attack on the Spanish Police. Operation India, Malaysia and Orlando. Operation Intifada. Operation Anti-Security. Operation Facebook. Operation BART. Shooting Sheriffs Saturday. Support of Occupy Wall Street. Operation Syria. Operation Darknet.

Over countless years Anonymous had gone against governments, hacked endless websites, and aided the arrests of rapists and sexual predators. They disappeared in 2017, making their comeback in 2020 for the Pro-Taiwan hacks, the hacking of PDLT, and the Black Lives Matter movement.

The more that Scarlett dig into their history — the more dangerous that this group proved to be. Exposing secrets about the royal family and Princess Diana. Leaking information about the relationship between Jeffrey Epstein and President Trump, proving them both to be rapists.

The hardest aspect of this was that Anonymous has no leader. No head of authority to give the orders and to organize their plans. It was a smart move, in Scarletts opinion. Having a leader could lead to your own downfall. Your leader goes down, what happens next?

And with no true leader to go after or to track, it could possibly take months to uncover new information.

"Any new leads, Pierce?"

The woman turned her head around, a smile coming on her lips as soon as she recognized him. Kaden. He worked for their IT systems, always working in his office. Two cups of coffee on were in his hands.