twelve

TWELVE

AS A GROUP OF HACKERS who all fought for the same thing, it was rare that they would ever disagree so much on certain topics

AS A GROUP OF HACKERS who all fought for the same thing, it was rare that they would ever disagree so much on certain topics. They had promised in the beginning to never let their disagreements get in the way of their mission — to bring justice to those who have faced injustice. It had proved to be successful. The members came to decisions with one another easily and always made sure that everyone's ideas were accounted for.

For example, Operation Smalltits.

In February of 2010, the Anonymous hackers in Australia had gotten angered that the Australian government was censoring women in porn with small breasts. The hackers proceeded to make a YouTube video directed towards the government officials, naming their list of demands and the consequences if these requests were to not be acted upon.

The female hackers in Australia at first had been opposed to Operation Smalltits, while the males were all for it. These women claimed that it was embarrassing that they had even noticed small breasted women were not being shown in their porn.

But eventually they came to an agreement. The men would list their demands, and then let it go completely — Operation Smalltits was not to be spoken of again in Australia.

This disagreement wasn't about the censoring of women in porn, though. It was about accepting Scarletts offer and letting the other two agents go.

Many thought that they should accept Scarletts offer for her information, but then refuse to release Kaden and William. The others believed that they would accept her offer and go through with their promise of letting the two men go. There was no possible way to include everyone in their final decision.

And when Lucien made the final decision that they would accept her offer and go through with letting her friends go — they accused him of siding with Scarlett.

Of course, he had known that one day, his attachment to the Agent would come back and slap him right in the face. If his colleagues hadn't been suspicious earlier, they definitely were now.

For the part of the conversation where Scarlett offered her services for their release, that was a different story.

"Why don't we make her join us?" One asked. "If she's so valuable to you, put her to good use."

Lucien pressed his lips into a thin line, shaking his head. "Ms. Pierce would rather die than join us."

"Then convince her. It can't be that hard."

That answer seemed to calm the crowd. If Lucien could convince Scarlett to join Anonymous, all of their problems caused by her presence wouldn't exist.