four

FOUR

LEGION WAS PACKED WITH BOTH men and women, all of them drinking and conversing with one another

LEGION WAS PACKED WITH BOTH men and women, all of them drinking and conversing with one another. The woman couldn't help but notice that many of them wore masks to shield their identity -- most likely famous actors or singers coming here for a good time. She ignored them, walking around aimlessly for a bit, trying her best to memorize the layout of the club. If she was going to make an emergency exit, she would know where to go.

To keep herself from looking suspicious, Scarlett had taken a seat for herself at the bar, and ordered a martini. The woman wished to drink all of it, but knew she couldn't risk being buzzed on the job. Instead, she took very small sips, keeping her eyes on everyone else in the room.

Scarlett reached up to her ear, pressing the activation button on her ear piece. Kaden was probably waiting for her to say something. "All good on your side?" She questioned, keeping her voice down to a whisper.

"Yes," her friend confirmed. "If you look at the very back exit, you should see William. If you're in any type of trouble, tap your head twice."

Tap her head twice is she was in trouble. Scarlett could manage that.

The woman strained leaned in her bar stool, straining her neck to try and see her colleague. Right under the red glowing exit sign, Scarlett saw a head of blond hair. "I see him."

"Good to know, sugar," William joked, a smirk plain on his face. "Do I look nice?"

"No," Scarlett insulted him, smiling. "Now shut up, will you?"

Everyone went silent after that, and the woman was thankful. William was a fucking idiot. In her opinion, at least.

"Would be a shame if a woman as beautiful as you was all alone tonight," a man told Scarlett and he sat down in the empty stool next to her. The man stated at her intently, a small grin on his face. The woman almost barfed — was this his attempt at flirting?

"A true shame, indeed," Scarlett replied, rolling her eyes at him.

"Scarlett," Kaden spoke to her through the ear piece warningly, "Now is not the time to be rude. He could have vital information and here you are driving him away!"

The man Scarlett was talking to was utterly repulsive. She had a hatred towards men who thought that a woman alone in a bar meant they was looking for a hookup. In some cases, maybe. But they were always looking for someone to take advantage of for their own pleasure, and she hated them for it.

Any other time Scarlett had been at a bar, she had never gone home with a single man. The answer was simple: she couldn't find herself to trust them enough.

But this wasn't just another typical time by herself at a bar. Any of the men here could have the information she was looking for. Leading them on was the only option.

"I was joking," the woman said after a minute of pure silence. "What's your name, handsome?"

"Spencer — my friends call me Spence."

"I'm Charlotte — but you can call me Lottie."

"Jesus Christ," William spoke. "Scarlett if you keep talking like that he's going to leave."

It was true, no matter how much Scarlett didn't want to admit that William Garcia was right. Spencer — or Spence, for that matter — was already leaning away from in her disinterest. If she couldn't get a grip on the conversation, he would probably leave to go to the bathroom and never return. Scarlett had pulled that trick on a couple of people before.

A typical move.

"William, if you don't have any advice to give her, then shut it," Kaden defended.

"Say something like this — Well, Spence, what are your plans for tonight?" William suggested.

Scarlett leaned forward, putting a smirk on her lips. "Well, Spence, what are your plans for tonight?" She put her hand forward, fiddling with the material on his jacket. It seemed as if Spencer enjoyed the fact that she was touching him.

"It includes you. And me."

Spencer winked at her. Gross.

"Scarlett, ask him to sit with you in a private booth," William suggested suddenly.

"What? No! We can't keep our eyes on her if she's in a private booth with this guy," Kaden yelled at him. Scarlett flinched from the sudden noise, hoping it wasn't loud enough for Spencer to hear.

"Would you... like to sit with me in a private booth?" Scarlett asked Spencer, biting her lip. "It's secluded. Much more fun if you ask me."

"Pierce, no." Kaden told her.

"Pierce, yes." William interrupted. With how much he had been talking lately, Scarlett was surprised he hadn't raised any suspicion. A body guard at an exit gate talking to themselves seems sketchy as hell.

"My friends and I have a booth right over there," Spencer told the woman, pointing across the room. When she looked over, four other men with masks on were staring right back at her. Perhaps it was just a formality of theirs? "No need to worry, they don't bite Lottie."

And now she was going to be in a private booth with multiple masked men. Great.

Scarlett nodded, smiling up at Spencer. "I'm following you," she told him, standing up out of her seat.

Spencer led Scarlett — or Lottie as she told him — through the crowd, looking back every few seconds to so to see if he had lost her or not. Weaving their way through the thickening crowd, the two soon arrived at his private booth, his friends inside.

"Everyone, this is Lottie," Spencer introduced her. He leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "Go ahead and take a seat, will you?"

"William, are your eyes on Scarlett?"

"How could they not be?" William retorted.

Scarlett slipped herself inside the booth next to one of Spencer's friends, putting on a smile for all of them. The man followed what she did, seating himself right next to her, placing his hand over her shoulder. "Hi, everyone."

The men around her all stayed quiet — which alarmed her.

"Is something wrong?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Spencer leaned close to her. "Scarlett, could you answer a question of ours?"

Fuck.

"Scarlett, get the fuck out of there!" Kaden told her. "William, where are you? Go get her out. Now!"

She gulped. "Maybe."

Spencer reached up, reaching into her ear and taking the ear piece. He threw it on the floor, crushing it with his foot. "What is a federal agent doing inside of our club?"

NOTE
This chapter is a bit fast paced, but I will make up for that next chapter and will be editing this one! I also want you all to know that Spencer is not the love interest, (and Spencer is also not his real name). I wanted to clear that up before some of y'all start shipping them or something that would be weird—

On another note, thank you for 300 reads!