𝘼 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠

July 15, 1993

When they left the bank, it was about lunchtime. Underneath the guise of Anastasia Rayne, Aster enjoyed her lunch without bothersome gawkers or reporters. After that, Marvolo guided her out of Diagon Alley into the richer shopping places in Diamond Plaza. His reasoning was that he wouldn't stand for Aster to dress or act like some kind of pauper when she was a future Lady of their world. She wasn't as rich as the Malfoys, and in fact, only had access to her Trust Vault until she turned 15, but she was no beggar either.

"But what about Dumbledore? Won't he suspect something if I suddenly change?" Aster wondered. Indeed, Aster felt a little self-conscious walking around in her ill-fitting muggle clothes while all the shoppers were draped in silk robes and glittered with jewels.

"We'll just say you're sick of those rags," Marvolo responded, apparently thinking this was worth the risk.

Aster merely shrugged and stepped shyly into the very upscale store. Because of how she dressed, it wasn't until she flashed the Potter ring did someone finally come to attend to them.

"I hope you weren't waiting long," the attendant said, her voice so sugary that Aster wanted to gag. It was blatantly obvious that she was trying not to stare in horror at her clothes. "My name is Clara. What can I do for you?"

"Umm...I need an entire wardrobe," Aster admitted, her face flaming red in embarrassment.

"Quite so," Clara agreed, looking her up and down reprovingly. "Let's get your measurements."

And with that, Aster was whisked away by the, admittedly skilled, hands of Clara. In a whirl of magic, she was stripped down to her undergarments, eliciting the return of her blush that went all the way down to her chest. It didn't help that Marvolo simply floated there, invisible to all but her and that he didn't look away...though strangely, she found that she didn't want him to.

"Stop fidgeting," the tailor scolded. "You have a fine body for your age."

"Yeah, an eleven-year-old," Aster muttered darkly under her breath.

"Is there anything special you'd like to include in your wardrobe?" Clara asked.

Aster sighed heavily. It was already out of her hands. "I don't know the first thing about clothes," she admitted.

Clara nodded, obviously not surprised, but remained professional about it. "Very well then, I shall stock it for you." She unfurled a parchment and began checking things out. "A pretty girl your age, going to Hogwarts...at least 4 pairs of fitted trousers, the same for skirts, 3 formal slacks, 10 warm weather blouses, 10 cold weather blouses, 5 dress shirts, 3 pairs of formal shoes, some ties, 4 casual cotton robes, 4 silk dress robes, 2 winter robes, 3 cloaks, 7 pairs of socks, and 7 sets of undergarments. All of these come in various colors, damage-resistant spells, spells to enlarge – a must for the bras really, and spells to allow for up to an extra 4 inches for growth. Is that to your liking?"

Aster's eyes bulged at the list the lady rattled off.

"Oh, don't worry, this is just the standard list," She said quickly, mistaking Aster's silence for disapproval. "I know how you kids are about being trendy," she said with a giggle and opened another roll of parchment and continued to rattle off another mind-boggling list of apparel. This one included things like boots, tank tops, jeans, trainers, armbands, leather jackets, hoodies, and even lingerie! In the end, mainly to avoid the embarrassment of going over knicker selections with Marvolo watching, Aster took them all, making Clara shriek in excitement, and at the galleons this all cost.

Aster just wondered where she was going to put all this.

The entire sales totaled to 16,359 galleons and 56 sickles. Aster guiltily handed over her Gringotts' card. No doubt it was half a year's earning for someone else.