Chapter Twenty-Seven

Katy nuzzled into the soft sheets, listening to the rustling from next to her. She engulfed herself in the blankets and opened one eye, immediately retracting back to darkness. She was exhausted and yawned softly. Richard pulled her to him, still half sleeping. Katy smiled as Richard's chest rose and fell with each breath. He kissed her temple and groaned, sitting up in the bed.

"Must you go?" Katy questioned quietly, as Richard shifted. He chuckled and laid down next to Katy. She placed her head on his warm chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"We will make quick work of it, as we always have," Richard assured her, lightly rubbing her side and back. "Then I will return to you." Katy nodded, taking deep breaths.

"It feels different this time," Katy whispered, interlacing her hand with his. Richard said nothing but played with her fingers. "Where are Anne and I to go?"

"Perhaps the Lovell Estate, in Yorkshire, would be best," he whispered, kissing her head. His soft lips stayed close to her, "It is rather removed, you'd both be safe there."

"Yorkshire? Not London?"

"I do not expect you will need the extra protection. Ideally, we may reason with George and have him rejoin our cause."

"Has anyone had contact with George?" Richard sighed and looked up towards the ceiling.

"My mother attempted to make contact on behalf of Edward. I do not know how he reacted." Katy ran her finger over Richard's chest, hearing his heart beat faster. "What would you have me tell him?"

"A Lancastrian court will not favor a son of York," Katy responded bluntly. "George should abandon his claim and return as a loyal follower to Edward. He has lost almost everything but may have an opportunity to bring himself back to favor. He made a rash decision while feeling he had no other way."

"I rather despise your wisdom at times," Richard joked, looking into her eyes. Katy smiled and sat herself up, covering her body with the sheets. Richard moved slowly, beginning to dress himself.

"You look tired, your Grace. You should rest before you go into battle!" Richard chuckled to himself, still dressing.

"It is extremely difficult to rest when a divine creature lay a small distance from me." Richard approached Katy, leaning close to her. "I now have husbandly duties to attend to." Katy smiled and quickly kissed him, immediately looking at the ground.

"The first of those is to come back," Katy whispered, looking at him again. Richard smiled softly and breathed deeply.

"Always," he called back to her, sliding out the door. Katy sighed and lay back in the bed. She closed her eyes briefly when the bed began shaking.

"You must tell me everything!" Anne whispered from the edge. Katy laughed and covered her face. "Let's get you dressed, and you may share!" She squealed and clapped her hands.

"You rest, and I will tell," she teased slowly standing from the bed. Everything burned as she moved sluggishly around the room. "It is not very comfortable in the beginning," Katy called putting her dress on quickly. "But by then end..." Katy trailed off and turned red, lacing her bodice together. Anne smirked from the bed, cradling her belly. "How are you today?"

"Come," Anne motioned towards Katy and took her hand, placing it lightly on her. Katy's eyes grew and she laughed with excitement.

"He is strong!" Her hand moved slightly as the child moved. Katy sighed and looked at Anne, half smiling. "I am sorry to tell you, but we are due to travel to Yorkshire." Anne stared blankly back, "Richard wants us away from any potential enemies. I will have the carriage made ready, but we must depart today."