Chapter 19

It was raining outside....I drove as fast as I could to Cole's house...
"I can't take Cole to his house but I can take Ms.Reynolds to meet him" I smiled thinking how happy he's gonna be...
I reached his house and parked the car....as I got out the raindrops hit my skin like stones...the thunder made me jump..I ran to his house carefully trying not to slip  my hair was completely wet

I knocked....it was late so I was very much expecting her to be asleep by now...but after few seconds she opened
"Hi" she said confused look on her face
"Yeah hi...listen umm we don't have time I'll explain everything in the car....im taking u to meet Cole" I told her without taking a breath....she stood there and backed off a little...as I was gonna kidnap her...

"Oh no no no...I swear im not gonna hurt u I promise....its night time and the officers r gone by now and Im the doctor so I have a duplicate key...so ofcrs the police officers will never allow Cole to meet u...so I thought maybe I could take u there"
I explained to her carefully

"Really" she replied in disbelief after a while
"Really" I grinned
"But We have to hurry Mrs.Reynolds" I told her
"Oh yes let me grab my coat"
"Okay im waiting for u in the front car" I said and walked to the car...
After a minute or so she arrived with an umbrella...
"Get in fast" I smiled...I loved how she was so excited to meet him...it made me feel so good...

She asked me some questions during the ride....I was scared as well becuz if dad saw what I was doing....ill be done with this  little doctor job I have here...

We arrived there and I asked her to wait in the car...I entered the building to check if any officer or dad was there....I searched dad's office and everywhere else... there was no one thankfully...I gave out a relieved sign as I was walking back to my car but then I remembered
"The cameras....oh shoot the cameras" I stood there hand on my forehead trying to figure out what to do....
The control room was locked and even if I broke in and touch the wrong button by mistake all the gates will be closed automatically... emergency mode will be turned on....

I remembered the cameras r outside the  gate,infront of control room and in dad's office....if I could take Ms.Reynolds inside hiding from the front gate's camera...we will be able to go into Cole's cell without anyone noticing us...

I rushed outside towards my car....
I got in and closed the door and started driving away from the gate...
"What happend" she questioned
"There r cameras infront of the gates if we go in we will be in trouble...we have to through the bushes"  I drove my car away from the gate and parked it from few metres away from the gate so nobody would suspect...

We started going through the bushes and all I could think about was snakes...I hope there would be none...
We somehow managed to get into the building...we walked through the dark corridor I never came here this late

I took her to Cole's cell and I opened it...
"Cole...someone is here to meet u" I turned on the lights...he was laying down and squinted his eyes...but when he realised who it was he got up instantly...

"Mom?" He called looking shocked
"Ray honey" her mom reached in for a hug...he hugged her tight still not believing his eyes...
"Mom r u okay?" He asked
"How did u get in" he questioned again...
Her mom was not letting go of him still hugging him tight...my heart melted at this sight...i felt so content at this time
He looked up at me hoping for an explanation...I winked at him..

"Mom r u okay" he asked again holding her face...I never saw so much love in his cold eyes before it was totally unbelievable...he almost looked normal
"Yes honey im fine im absolutely fine" she wiped his tears
"How r u baby"
"Im okay mom" he said kissing her hand...the way he looked at her....it made me miss my own mom so much...i wanted to cry...he really loved her

"Did they hurt u" she asked checking his face carefully
"No mom" he lied hugging her again...i looked up to meet his eyes...he looked back putting his finger on his lips to shush me..it broke my heart in million pieces...i couldn't control my tears anymore..
Not wanting to take their attention I sobbed silently...

I decided to leave the cell for few minutes to let them talk...
"Cole im going to dad's office u guys have few minutes okay but when I'll be back we will have to leave" I explained him with heavy heart...
He nodded
I left them alone

I walked towards dad's office...the only sound was of my boots clicking as I walked...as I was about to open dad's door I remembered about the camera so I sat outside his door...i needed some time alone...in a quite place and this was perfect for it....