Chapter 1: Life Beginning

Thank you so much for considering my book good enough to read, kindly read this before proceeding to the story.

• This is my first story and it took me alot of girl power to upload it, even though I've been reading for a long time. I'd love to build my own Wattpad family.

• You are NOT allowed to copy, move or dub any part of this story anywhere without my permission. I won't take it lightly with anyone who does because it cost me my time and brain to write and edit this work you're seeing. If you find a copied work of mine, please inform me❤️

|All rights reserved|

• I have a different way of writing from the other writers and I hope you'll respect that. If you want to advise or correct something, do it nicely.

• I don't accept any form of negativity, racism, comments that includes slur of any form, insults or whatever. Your comments will be deleted and you will be muted. Respect yourself.

• Some punctuations might not be correct and all but I'm trying my best to improve as much as possible.

• Don't forget to vote on every chapter. Thank you.

Author's note: There will be two POVs in the story. I feel it'll make it easier to understand both sides of life in order to understand the story.

Zoey's POV

"To hell with you, Moron"

'Oh no, not again', they are at it again. Ever since my father died, it has been one quarrel to another.

I hurried out of the house because I was already late for my shift and also didn't want to end up being a victim of their drunkenness.

About four years ago, my father and brother died in a plane crash returning from a business trip. Few weeks after the banks took all his properties, everything we had was taken away from us.

Mom started lending from people to make ends meet till I turned 18. When no one lent her money no more, she turned to alcohol as her companion and started hanging out with some strange people.

About 2 years ago, she met Carter and that made things worse. Carter is an alcoholic, he introduced my mom to drugs, he has moved from different places hiding from the Police and right now he's laying low at our house. Mom was able to get this house as her inheritance from her late grandfather.

Mom and her boyfriend Carter would go out at night, get drunk and smoke their lives out, they would come back late and sleep on the couch or the floor. Then they wake up every morning with something to argue about.

They forget about the upkeep of the house and I have to work multiple jobs to sorts bills, make ends meet and to pay some of my mother's debt.

Carter also asks for money, for his upkeep, at least he doesn't ill treat me or beat me up, but trust me, you don't wanna see him when he is angry. He is a whole level of dangerous, aside that he is nice and treats me like a human.

I try to avoid him or my mother during their arguments because when they are both drunk, they have no control over their actions.

One time, they had their usual argument and I tried to separate them, I got beaten up. When they got their senses back, they apologized. I did understand the situation and I don't blame my mother, she got all fed up, she was tired of being strong.

"Get of the road, woman -- you wanna die?". I jumped after hearing that. "Sorry" I shouted back, 'I think too much though' I said to myself as I walked into the hospital.

"You're late young lady" Ms Halloway said from the reception. "Good morning Ms Halloway, I'm sorry I'm late, I missed the bus, it won't happen again" I said as I raised my head to look at her. "Nah, it's fine" she said with a playful smile on her face, I smiled back.

"Alright lady, Ward 45, a patient needs her drip changed" that was just what I needed. I sighed as I walked towards the ward; it's gonna be another long day' I thought to myself.

                    ***********************************

Levi's POV

"Morning Sir" Matthew my personal assistant said. "Morning Matthew, how was your weekend?" I smiled.

"Good Sir" he returned the smile and started briefing me on the things needed to be finalized by the end of the day.

"Daddy!" my six year old daughter Alexa ran towards me, "Hey" I picked her and pecked her cheeks "You're going to be late for school if you don't leave now". I pecked her nose bridge and she giggled.

God, I love this child so so much, she's the treasure her mother left for me. Her mother Amy
died during childbirth, she was the love of my life. We were planning our wedding, when we discovered her pregnancy and decided to wait till after the baby arrives before we take our vows.

Sadly she passed on, it's been six years but it still seems like yesterday. I tried moving on, I've gone on several dates and had a few girlfriends but none can be compared to Amy-
"Daddy, I want to go to the bookstore today after school" Alexa said, looking at me like she wanted permission, Pfft Alexa would go to an ice cream parlor without permission so --

"Okay then" I smiled at her "Ask Ms Elliot politely"

"I want you to take me" She said, with a pleading look. Urghhh I couldn't resist and I already feel so guilty, I haven't been spending much time with Alexa.

"Alright, I would pick you from school and then we can go to the bookstore" I said.

"Yippy" she wiggled out of my arms and ran towards the car that drops and picks her from school with the driver on seat.

"Bye dad, love you, see you at 2pm", with that they drove away.                                   
***************************

Walked into my company building, admiring my achievements so far, "Good morning Mr McIntyre, your coffee is on your table" my secretary greeted.

"Good morning Beth, how was your night?" I asked. "It was good sir, thank you for asking" she said and I walked into my office to behold an unwanted irritant in my office.

"Baby --" she said, I swear I could have puked if I didn't consider how expensive the carpets are.

"Anna, what are you doing here?" I asked, even though I'm shocked at how composed I still sound.

"I came to see you babe, you've been avoiding me" Jeez girl, don't you get it, I am not interested, I thought in my head.

"Uhmm ---" her hands are on my body and it's irritating. "Listen here" I ripped her hands off, "I have work to do, so you can use the door"

I said as she looked shocked but huffed after the interval of two minutes and left my office.

2:15pm

"Daddy, I want to check this bookstore, my friends say they have nice books" Alexa said jumping on her seat.

"Jeez Alexa, what are you getting all excited about?" I asked. "I just haven't gotten a book in a while" she said less excited, I felt guilty again.

" The bookstore it is then"

I gave her a small smile which she returned gracefully as we got to the parking lot; I unbuckled Alexa's seatbelt and we entered the store.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Greene's bookstore, how can I help you?"

****************†*****************

                              💜

*Author's note: Hey, beautiful people this is my first book and I'd love to grow a Wattpad family of my own. Please read, like, comment and vote*