Chapter Seven: Dishonest

SAY NO TO RACISM!!
It's just the melanin that's different, the blood is still the same color.

Author's note: It feels like I'm gonna sick but that won't stop me from trying to drop something for you guys.
Don't forget to vote and Comment 😊

Zoey's POV

"Hey honey I'm glad you made it" Miss Anna walked pass me to Levi and hugged him.

I just stand there shocked and unable to move. How's he friends with these guys and wait wait wait Miss Anna was the witch he was talking about?

She's among the top class and doesn't hang out with normal average people, so that means--

"Levi" Miss Anna snaps her fingers as Levi faced the with an annoyed expression and I hurriedly turned and walked to the kitchen as I saw Kayla and a group of the other co-workers gawking at them.

"You're really lucky to be serving those guys, what are they like Zoey? Kayla asked.

Those guys?

"I don't know... they don't look special to me, who are they though? I asked as Kayla stares at me like I grew a second head.

"The one on the left of Madam Anna is Curtis Smith, one of the lead actors in most Netflix movies" Becca another co-worker said

"Girl, don't tell me you don't know that" Kayla said, while I stare at them blankly.

"The one in the middle is Kyle Jonas, a football player. He plays for a popular club and he is also a model for a big designer company" Chris explains.

I still don't know why Levi is amongst them

"Okay but why is Levi there?" I whispered.

"Levi McIntyre --" she gave me a look that says duhhhh " -- is one of the lead business owners in New York City. His bank account is probably large enough to buy the whole Mexican City" Kayla finished.

Wait what?

It can't be

"It can't be what?" Kayla asked, Damn i say that out loud

"Uhmm nevermind, I would need to get the menu to them" I said and immediately picked the menu and walked to their table.

"What c-can I offer y-you Sirs?" I managed to say, I can feel Levi eyes on me but I refuse to look up.

Thankfully they ordered almost immediately and I went in to prepare their orders.

"Mr Levi seems to find you attractive Zoey" Kayla said.

"Not in the mood Kayla" I murmured

"What's up with you Zoey? You've been off since they arrived" She watched me as if the answer to her question was on my face

Quick lie, Com'on Zoey

"It's probably the mood swings she gets from her period" Chris said. I just nodded thankful that I didn't have to lie cause I'm a really bad liar.

"Alright Zoey, just don't be grumpy around Miss Anna's guests, you know how she is with those rich people" Kayla said sounding genuinely worried

"Thank Kay, I'd try my best" I said as I walked back to their table, gathering all the courage I need to face them on the way, with Chris following me behind carrying the dishes to their table

"Any other thing Sirs?" I asked looking everywhere except Levi's face. I don't think I can face him, after telling him how much I hate the rich, and he didn't mention anything about himself being rich, he was dishonest.

I know I have no right to be annoyed and disgusted at that, but some how I am.

"Yeah -- your number" the black guy whose name is Curtis I think answered. He sounds like a dickwit

I just bowed my head, not in shame but because tears were threatening to spill and I am not going to cry in front of these cocky, irritating people.

I won't let their stupid joke get to me even though they're all laughing.

I peeked through my lashes to look at Levi, he wasn't laughing, he clenched his jaws and his eyebrows creased.

It is kind of comforting knowing that he isn't laughing

"You can go now Zoey" Miss Anna finally said and I walked away with Chris

"Zoey, you have a missed call" Becca said as she handed my phone to me. The call is from Nate, but I also got a message from Levi, I ignored the message and decided to call Nate instead.

*Hey Nate* I said forcing a smile so he doesn't get a hint of me being sad.

*Hey Zoey, I'm in town, where's your ass at, so we can meet up?* he said

*Right now?* I asked

*Yep*

I don't think I want Nate to come over and see me like this, he won't be happy... although I do need someone to talk to after--

*Zoey, are you there?* Shit, I totally forgot that Nate is on the receiving end.

*-- Nate I'm rounding up so you can come get me, I'll text you the address in a bit* I assured

*Alright, I'll be there before you say indaboski*

I laughed at his poor joke

His attempt to make me laugh worked

What will I do without you Nate?

****************†****************

💜

Author's note: Who else has serious mood swings during their periods because I do😞. One moment I'm nice, and the other I'm a cold hearted bitch.

Don't forget to vote people!

dae_sua