Chapter Sixteen: Sorry?

Author's note: Ciao a tutti, spero che state andando bene. Comunque, ultimamente sono stato molto impegnato con la mia preparazione agli esami, ma cercherò di aggiornarmi il prima possibile. Grazie per essere rimasto con me💞 Non dimenticare di votare e commentare
(Italian!)

Zoey POV

"Hello"

I went numb, I suddenly forgot all I wanted to say. I actually rehearsed what I was gonna say to him before calling but as soon as I heard his voice, it vanished from my memory.

"Hello"

Think of something to say dumbass.

"Zoey?" he said as if he finally realized that it was me.

"Hey" I managed to say.

"I'm sorry Zoey, I-"

"I'm sorry I was being insensitive, I overreacted and I'm sorry about that, it was unnecessary, I'm sorry I was angry and I didn't pick your calls or respond to your messages," Tears threatened to spill

"I'm sorry for your brother, for not calling you, or being there for you when you needed a friend, I actually just heard the news. I'm sorry for not checking up on you..it's ok if you think of me as a-"

"Zoey" he cut me off "calm down, none of this is your fault, I should have told you about my status earlier, it's ok to be angry Zoey. " he said.

"And about my brother you... we didn't want it to be public and aside that I figured you wouldn't know because while we had drinks once, you told me that you barely had time for TV or social media " I smile, so he remembers.

"Yeah"

"So you see, it's not your fault at all"

"How is he?"

"He's getting better, he is still at the hospital but he would be out by next tomorrow "

"That's good...and Alexa?"

"She misses you...." he paused, I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Is she ok?" I anxiously asked,

"Yeah...Yeah,...uhmm, not really, she's just devastated that her uncle was in coma, she'd be fine" he sighed.

"Awwn, send my greetings "

"Thanks."

There was a long pause, I really don't know what to say anymore , I know I can't just hang up, it would make him feel like I don't want to talk to him, and that the last thing I want him to feel.

"Levi I-"

"Zoey I-" we said at the same time.

"You go first" he said

"I miss you" I suddenly said, I don't know what came over me.

There was silence, and it was killing me, I kinda regret saying that.

"I miss you too Zoey" he said after a while " and please, let us not fight again, it's not so appealing " he sighed.

"Yeah" I smile.

"I would love to see your brother....I mean..if that's ok " I asked.

"Sure, but that would be next weekend due to your busy schedule " I could feel him smiling over the phone.

"Yeeeeahhh...oooh, Nathan would be here" I thought

"Who's Nathan" I must have spoken out loud.

"My bestie " I said