Chapter Thirteen: Deja vù

Author's POV: Whatever you're going through, I just want you to know that I love you.

Levi POV

"Sorry to disturb you sir but Mr Andrew got involved in a car crash and is at the family hospital "

Wait what?

"Drew?" I threw my phone to the passenger sit, as I battle between going to see Zoey and supporting my brother.

What am I even thinking? It's Family first

I picked my phone and texted zoey

L: shit zoey, family emergency, i promise to show up as soon as I can or I'd make it up to you.

I made a U-turn and drove to the hospital. At the parking lot I could see only mom's car, as expected dad isn't here.

"Hey" I hugged my mom "Where's dad?" I asked

"He has some work to do, he'd be here soon " mom sighed, I can tell she didn't even believe herself.

How could he do this, his oldest son is lying here on a hospital bed and he's out doing God knows what. Sometimes I doubt if he's truly my father, he doesn't act as one if he is.

He never took us to parks and to the movies, we never had any family outing. We barely ate together as a family, all he does is work.

There was never a relationship between I and my father, we never knew dad personally. Although we live in the same house, the only thing I know about him is that he is Ivanovo McIntyre, married to my mother Rebecca McIntyre with three kids, my brother, my late sister and I. Basically what the world knows.

Everything is like business to him and that's why he could gladly trade my happiness for this stupid Rollins deal he had with Mr Baker, Anna's dad.

"What are they saying mum"

"They haven't said anything yet, but I know he's in the ER " she sighed.
That must have been a bad accident, a bad accident and dad isn't here. I said nothing else I just sat there deep in thought. How can father be so heartless, how can he-

"I know what you are thinking Levi" mum said.

I looked at her, she looked extremely tired, she probably cried her eyes out, she had puffy red eyes and a sad smile that broke my heart.

"Why is he not here?" I asked

"He is going to be here as soon as-"

"Oh please don't give me that crap, we both know that he is not going to be here in a week" I snapped but immediately regretted it with the look on my mom's face.

"I'm sorry" I said giving her a hug.

"It's ok Levi," she sobs "I understand"

I nodded

I wonder why she married him, clearly not for the money because my mother also came from a wealthy family. I can't help but wonder how she is coping with the marriage.

"Mrs McIntyre, Levi-" Justin- the doctor interrupted as I rushed up on my feet.

"We managed to stop the bleeding, he is current stable but he is at the ICU " he paused as looked at us, as if he was watching to know what our next reaction would be.

I have known Justin for about 7 years, we've been friends since junior high and I know when he is about to say something dead serious.

"He's in coma" he said.

To be shocked was an understatement to what I felt at that moment. I looked at my mom, she was crying again. I can't blame her though, after loosing my sister to the dreadful hands of death through a similar way, I fully understand her break down.

"Man up Levi, you should comfort your mum" Justin pats my back. "It's gonna be ok man" he assured. I didn't even notice that I had tears on my cheeks.

"If you need anything at all, Levi , don't hesitate to-"

"C-can we s-see him" my mother spoke for the first time since Justin arrived

"Considering your health issues ma'am, you can't see him now" he said, mum had blood pressure issues.

"Levi, you can go in, I would call my driver to take your mum home" Justin says and hugs mum.

"No I want to see my baby" she sobbed.

"Mum, you need to rest a bit and then you can come back, no one would hinder you from entering then. Drew definitely won't want to see you like this" I said

"Alright" she sighs

"Thanks man" I gave him a bro hug and went to Drew's room.

I opened the door, it was a private room. I silently wished it to be different from what I can see. There are machines everywhere. I looked at my brother, he was on oxygen with bandages on his head, arm, and feet, all stained with blood. I saw his heart monitor, it seems to be reading accurately.

A feeling of deja vù hits so hard.

Alexis-my sister was in the same position.

I walked closer to Andrew and I regretted it immediately, he had a bruised face, his lips were cut.

It must have been a terrible accident. I thought as I took a sit beside him.

It took a while before I could say anything, it's all too much to take in.

"Drew-" I paused "I know you can hear me but you can't respond, funny enough I didn't really do well in biology" I chuckled sadly

"I just want to let you know that mum is not happy about the situation, in fact she is beyond devastated, she probably would go crazy if anything happens to you, so try as hard as you can to stay alive"

"I love mum as well as I love you, but if you die, I would personally come over to the other side, pick up your spirit and beat the shit out of you" I smiled sadly

"Mum cannot afford to loose another child drew, certainly not her first child. And I cannot afford to loose my mum, and you...you know what I mean. So it's not a threat, it's a warning and I wouldn't hesitate to do it." I finished and stayed for a while hoping he'll just open his eyes and laugh at me calling me a Moron --

--but he didn't. I got up and walked towards the door.

"Just so you'd know, dad isn't here-" I paused "-yet, but mum said...you know what, I'm gonna get him here myself " I looked at Drew one last time

"Love you bro." I stormed out of the room, angrily heading to the one place my dad would be at...

The office.

                     *******************†*****************

                               💜

Author's note: Seriously, online classes ain't for me 😞😭
Don't forget to vote and comment 😊