Chapter 6: Conscience

Author's note: Thank you all for voting, I'm so thrilled to see you like my story. I'd definitely try to squeeze out time and surprise you guys with my updates.
How bout we take this to at least 50 votes? ❤️

Levi's POV

After watching Zoey read to Alexa, I decided it was time to go home.

The dinner was fixed for 6pm and I barely have two hours to get other things done and get dressed, anyways it's not like I would wear anything spectacular, but I do know that Anna's paparazzi would be present or hiding taking pictures.

As one of the miss, it's expected. Sometimes I wonder how she lives because she does nothing without notifying the public.

I took Alexa to my mother's place and went home to change.

I would have asked Zoey to baby sit Alexa knowing how closely they relate but Zoey is supposed to handle an occasion or meeting in the restaurant she works at, so she had to leave the bookstore early.

I picked a grey shirt, black jeans and a black blazer jacket to go, combed my hair a little but it still looked messy, messy good. At least I'd still look good while being provoked. Wore my boots, grabbed my keys and left my house.

                 ******************************

K: We are in

I got a message from Kyle, I really don't know why I have to do this.

K: This place is looking good, what's taking you so long? Come watch Curtis trying to flirt with the waitress

Another message from Kyle. I shook my head and smiled.

Honestly I don't have the strength to face irritating Anna. If I had my way, I would drive back without going in.

I just wanna be with my daughter or someone less toxic like...

Zoey

I shook of that thought and replied Kyle

L: I'd be there in a minute

Alright let's get this over with. I came out of my car and walked into the restaurant. Immediately I sighted Kyle with Curtis and a waitress walking away from our table.

Something about her is oddly familiar though, I can't really place it.

"Hey man, you spent ages parking the car" Curtis said while Kyle was staring at me.

"Hmm yeah" I simply shrugged.

Almost like a reflection, the waitress turned and looked towards my direction with wide eyes.

Zoey

How can this be? Zoey works here in Anna's restaurant, wait what? Why didn't I know? Fuck, I didn't ask which restaurant she works in.

"Hey, honey --" Anna rushed towards me but I didn't pay attention to whatever she had to say as I stared at Zoey with a similar expression as hers.

"Levi --" Anna snaps her fingers across my face.

"What are you thinking about" Ughhh, those irritating fingers.

"Nothing" I looked back at Zoey or should I say where she was because she wasn't there anymore. I had a weird feeling like guilt. I don't know why but I feel extremely guilty.

Zoey comes back with a menu to our table.

"What c-- can I offer y-- you Sirs?" she stutters.

I tried to make eye contact with her but she looked down avoiding my face while taking our orders. She looked disappointed, annoyed and a little distracted or so it seemed.

Ughhh I'm a moron

Few minutes after taking our orders, Zoey comes back with a guy, another waiter with a tray of what or should I say they ordered.

All efforts to make eye contacts with her went down the drain as she looked at everywhere else except my face. I remember her telling me how she despises the rich, mainly because they conspired with the bank and took her father's properties and rendered her and mother penniless because of some silly loan. I really hope she doesn't see me in that light.

"Any other thing Sirs?" she offered fidgetly.

"Yes, your number" Trust Curtis to be really stupid.

She shifts uncomfortably as Kyle, Anna and Curtis laughed.

"You can go now Zoey" Anna said and Zoey left with her head low.

Anna and the guy started discussing about places or something but I wasn't interested in the discussion because I couldn't focus as I glanced back at the counter to see if Zoey was there.

I was thinking of offering to pay back the loan her father owed and try getting her properties back for her.

It won't have been a problem for me because it would have been like a drop in the ocean of my bank account.

It was something I was going to discuss when next we see. Sighs.

"Levi, you haven't contributed in all we've been discussing, and you haven't touched your food, don't you like it?" Anna said after a while as she touches my face.

It took my all not to get up and leave, it would be rude knowing the fact that I came with my friends. I ripped her hands from my body and dropped it to her sides.

I couldn't bear her hands on my body, it felt like dirt, and the fact that she's trying to be all nice and lovey - dovey is extremely irritating.

"I'm not hungry Anna" I said to her with an icy glare.

"You had dinner already?,Did you forget about this meeting today Levi?"

"No" was all I said.

"Thankfully we have desert --" Anna started

"Zoey, desert please" she said

Ughhh, can this day get any worse.

                       *****************†****************

💜

Author's note: Another chapter completed. Y'all should applaud me for my consistency 🤒.
I know a lot is going on in the world rn. All I want to say is Stay Safe💜.