Chapter Eight: Affection

Author's note: Surprise! Another quick update.

To those that feeling or thinking that they're depressed. I LOVE YOU and I totally understand how you feel. We're in this together and trust me it's a battle you can win. I'm also fighting my own battle, I'm progressing and I know I'll win even it takes a long time. You're one of the best things that happened in the world, you're not a mistake. You're are prefect in your imperfections.

Find happiness in the little things you do and enjoy. Change friends if your current ones ain't helping matters. Talk to someone (it really helps).

Zoey POV

It's been an hour since the meeting ended, and I'm glad it's all over. Miss Anna must really like Levi considering how she was all over him.

I scoffed

Ding ding

A message from Nathan and 5 messages from Levi.

I still refuse read Levi messages, Nathan Is here and I don't want to be moody around my bestie.

N: I'm outside Zoe : )

Thankfully we were done cleaning, I waved to my coworkers and I hurried outside

"Hey. " Nathan who was leaning on his car, called from the other end.

"Nathan" I rushed over to hug him. I do miss him but I also needed the hug.

"Hey Zoey...what's up, I miss you" he kissed my hair

"Let's get out of here Nate " I opened the door even without hearing his response, he just shrugs and walked towards the driver's side and drove off.

We drove to Nathan's apartment, Nathan wanted me to stay with him for the week, and we've been making arrangements, so I texted mom that I wouldn't be coming home.

We got to his place, moved my things to the spare room and decided to talk a bit. I told him everything from Levi and Alexa to my mom and her boyfriend leaving nothing out cause we never hide things from each other.

"Wow" Nathan started "that's a lot, I feel so sad you had to go through these on your own and I was not here to share in your pain, I feel like I haven't been a good bestie to you Zoey" he looked at me with pitiful eyes.

I don't want to be a pity case Nathan. I sighed

"Yeah.... but you are here now, that's all that matters; I-"

"No Zoey, I should have been there for you, I'm sorry " he cuts me off

"Nathaniel Banks, it's fine, you were busy okay! You had school to handle and it's no biggie seriously " he frowns, he hates it when I call his full name.

"Also I'm hungry, you are going to starve me to death if you don't get me food " I said

"Whatever, I ordered pasta from Pasta city, hope you'd like that" he smiles

"Yay!! pasta, yum yum" I rubbed my stomach like a 4yr old,

He chuckled

"Whaaaaat, I'm hungry" I pout and he rolled his eyes.

           ******************†*****************

Next day.

"Wake up!!!" I jumped off my bed to see Nathan on the floor, laughing.

"Idiot" I muttered as I rubbed my eye. He was still laughing after practically screaming in my ear.

"What time is it?"

"10am, sleepy head" he chuckled

"What? I hardly get enough sleep, and Saturdays are my most cherished days"  I pout as he shook his head with a smile on his face.

"We are going to the beach" he announced "and I also made you breakfast, take it as an apology meal, I figured that you might need enough rest and I didn't want you cooking"

"So I made this" he took the tray from the bed side table and placed it in from of me. The tray contained bacons, eggs, with a bit of ham by the side, omelet, fruits, a lil yoghurt and a cup of coffee. Just what I needed to start my day.

"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed-" I cut him off with a hug.

I hugged him tightly for about a minute

Till he said "Ok...uhmm...I'm gonna choke to death if we stay like this for another 5 seconds "

"Thank you" I sniffed, tears threatened to spill.

"No no no, don't be emotional, the omelet is not even fully cooked and the yoghurt must be sour by now, and the fruits had been in my bag for years." he said. I laughed and playfully smacked his arm.

Leave it to Nathan to ruin the moment.

"Ouch! Is this what you do to someone who wakes up as early as 7am to make you breakfast." He pouts like a little child and I just out rolled my eyes resisting a smile.

I grabbed the tray and tasted it, it's really nice, quite thoughtful of him.

"Alright, eat up, we have a lot to do, from the beach we would go to get ice cream, then the movies and probably an amusement park or something. If we can't finish all the activities today we would do them tomorrow." I smiled at him and nodded in response then i remembered-

"I don't have a swim suit Nate"

"We can just get it at one of the stores at the mall or something." He said and walked out of the room.

"Alright" I said

I remember when I met Nate in junior high. He had just gotten bullied and I was there to help him. I punched the bully in the face and made his nose bleed. Then i told him to never hurt the poor boy again or I'll bite his ears till it comes off or so it happened but we just became friends and the fact that both our parents were business partners, made us closer.

We became besties from high school. We practically shared everything together.

He stood by me after the accident when others left me. He is basically the only true friend I have, except Levi and Alexa......or not.

I'm not sure what I'll be without him

"Zoey! Bathroom now!"

*****************†*****************

                                 💜

Author's note: I'm just gonna say thank you to all that voted, the quiet ones and the commentators. I'm seeing you and I appreciate it. Don't forget to vote and Comment.

Also;  pasta city... like really 😂😂😂

Stay strong, stay safe💞