Chapter 4: Buzz bird

Author's note: Hey

Zoey's POV

"Uhm I should, probably get your contact"

We exchanged contacts and the rest of the drive back home was interesting, as I sang along with the radio.

"Thank you for the brief outing, I really needed it" I said once we arrived at my driveway.

"Nah, thank you" he said

"For what?"

"For --" he started but was cut off by the creaking for my front door.

"Zoey honey, is that you?"

Wait! What? Mom was waiting up for me? I couldn't believe it.

"Is there a problem?" Levi asked sensing my shock probably after seeing the look on my face.

"No?" I said although I sounded like I was questioning myself instead.

"Are you sure, cause--" Levi started but I cut him off.

"No, I'm fine Levi, thanks again for tonight" I said now facing my mother.

"I would call you" he said as he watched me carefully

"Alright, hopefully I would be still be awake by that time" I joked but he took it seriously because he stared blankly.

"No, No--" I laughed "I mean it's 3:30am and I should be awake for work by 8am, so I need enough sleep".

He smiled sheepishly

Pheew

"Alright, I have to go now, nice to meet you Zoey" he said and started the car engine and left as I walked towards the door.

"Hey Mom" I called as I walked past her into the house, still wondering why she's up.

"Hey, I was worried, Carter is upstairs, he has been worried too" she said.

I replied "it's nice to know you care" in my head.

"Say hi to him before going to bed" she said.

"Alright" I said and did what she requested before going to sleep.

*****************†****************

Levi's POV

It's been a few weeks since I met Zoey. Alexa is always excited around her. She spends time every day in the bookstore with Zoey. They don't have many customers and this enables Zoey to spend time with Alexa. They talk about random things some days and then on other days, Zoey reads her a book.

Alexa has never been this happy not even with my parents or brother. That aside;
work has been really hectic lately. The business partners from Australia are proving to be a hard nut to crack, so we not having signed the billions of dollars contract, we are in way stagnant.

My thoughts were interrupted with the ring of my phone, it was an unknown number.

"Hello, Levi speaking"

"Moron didn't save my number" the caller laughed. Only one person calls me a moron... my brother

"Hey Drew, nice to know you're breathing" I laughed.

"Ha ah, so formal of you, what's up with you lately?"

"These Australians are getting on my nerves man"

"No way! They haven't signed these documents yet? He asked.

"No, they are proving stubborn, I would need more time to convince them" I sighed

"I feel you man... How's Alexa?" he asked

"She's okay, only that Alexa didn't fail to notice that her uncle--" I demonstrate the quote sign like he was present with me, "didn't pay her a visit"

" I've been busy, hey--"

"There's a lot to talk about, you should come over" I cut him off.

"Don't tell me you wanna whine about Anna again, cause I'm done hearing you whine"

"Oh please I haven't heard from that b*tch in a while" I rolled my eyes.

"Language McIntyre" he laughed.

"Sorry Daddy" I said with the highest pitch my vocals could handle imitating Mickey mouse.

"Alright I have to go, duty calls" he said and hung up.

**********************************

"Good evening sir" Mattew greeted as he walked into my office.

"Good evening Matthew is there a new update, I need to know about?" I asked.

"Sir, you have an invite from Miss Baker, she wants to have dinner with you and also asked that you come with Mr Jonas and Mr Smith.

"No!" I deadpanned, "Reject the invite"

"Uhmm Sir, that's not going to be possible cause Mrs McIntyre is aware of the invite, and she wants you to be there. She says, it's part of the contract.

I frowned

my mother would be the end of me. I can't understand why they keep trying to get that brat close to me. No offense but she tends to get on my nerves.

She is an annoying spoilt brat who thinks because of her father's riches, she can do whatever she wants and get away with it. She's not not only proud but also an arrogant little bitch. If it isn't because of the damn Rollins company contract, I sure won't be doing this.

"Alright Mattew, you can leave, thanks". It was almost closing hour so I decided to go home to cool off.

"Why am I the one doing this?" Andrew can handle situations better than this. Why am I being dragged to the middle? Gosh, this is so annoying"

"Daddy --" My daughter shouted and ran towards my car as I was about to alight.

"Hey--" I picked her up and kissed her cheeks as she giggled.

"Miss daddy so much?" I asked

"I was waiting for you, Zoey taught me a song today and I've been waiting to sing it to you"

Zoey

"Oh alright, I'm all ears" I said , as I walked into to the house while carrying her.

"Wow, that's so nice baby, I really like the song" I tickled her as she laughs trying to catch her breath. When she recovered, she yawned.

Thanks Daddy, now I need to sleep" she said and peeked me, "goodnight Daddy" she walked into her room.

I picked my phone and texted Zoey

*L : "Thanks for teaching Alexa a song" I pressed the send button before realizing the message was kinda silly.

She replied five minutes later

Z: No probs, she's been good and she's also a fast learner, so I enjoy spending time with her

L: That's fine, so how was your day? I responded while taking off my clothes in my room

Z: It was good... Yours? she responded, I can imagine her smiling.

L: It was alright.. let's talk a bit more about you

******************†*****************

Author's note: Love & light 💜