𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

I 07

I 07. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ through the mist ❞

     NIGHT TIME WAS A SAD TIME FOR THE DIONYSUS GIRL. Especially since they had just been attacked by the Furies and Medusa, as well as Percy saying a triggering word that brought back a lot of trauma.

She knew he didn't mean to, he didn't even know what the word 'lunatic' meant to her and how it was connected with her past. But nevertheless, it still hurt her heart.

The girl didn't know if she was ready to tell him. She had already told Annabeth and Grover once they became some of her first friends, but if Percy could help her figure out what her dreams meant, he needed to know.

But how long would it take to explain all her childhood trauma? How her mother was an alcoholic because of her father and therefore caused a lot of images that Ariadne never wanted to see again.

Of course, Percy would ask many questions, so she had to prepare herself for that but was she ready? Hell no, was the answer.

They settled down at a damaged campsite, where teenagers had left bits of food and drinks. Annabeth told them not to start a fire, much to the dismay of herself and the other kids.

So they decided to take rounds for a chance to sleep, Percy saying he would take the first so Annabeth, Ariadne, and Grover were free to ride the train to dreamland.

But she couldn't sleep. Unlike the blonde, who placed her head down and was out like a light, she rested her back against a tree a few feet away from where Percy and Grover lay. The Stayr up in the tree while son of Poseidon leaned against its trunk.

Ariadne never had trouble sleeping. It was her favorite past time. Something was keeping her awake and she didn't know why. Grover and Percy were having a conversation between themselves, so she decided to converse with herself like she normally did when she was alone.

The thought of never seeing her siblings or father agains stood out. If she died, would they mourn? Would they show up to her funeral wearing all black and an umbrella like they always said they would, to make it seem like she was harboring dark secrets before she died?

Would her father miss her? Yes, he said he loved her but would he miss her? Would he have hallucinations despite the fact he's the god of madness? Hallucinations of her doing daily things, hearing her voice or laugh. Maybe that was what she wanted to happen, but in reality, it would be like any other death of a demigod; short-lived and never remembered.

Her eyes closed while she sighed, a pit settling deep within her stomach, it was always there. Had been since the day she realized her mother had abandoned her, she cried and cried that day, calling out for the women she thought lived her, but her father was the only one who answered.