Chapter 13

Manik and Mukti exchanged glances at Alya's question. Since Manik was in no state to narrate the incident that piqued him, Mukti started. 

*Flashback* 

Mukti and Manik entered college. 

Mukti : Manik tu jam room jaa. Mei canteen se kuch khane ke liye leke aati hu. I'm very hungry. 

She said pointing towards her tummy. Manik grinned at her.

Manik : Chal aaj treat meri taraf se. After all maine aaj tujhe bahut jaldi utha diya tha. So, as compensation, your breakfast is on me.

They both went to the canteen. After Mukti grabbed a sandwich, they were heading towards the jam room when Mukti who was busy devouring her sandwich suddenly realised that Manik wasn't walking besides her. She stopped and turned to look behind. She saw Manik staring at something and followed his gaze. She saw that Manik was looking at Nandini who was seated at a table and laughing heartily with a guy. Nandini slapped his shoulder from across the table as a response to some joke he made. Mukti walked back to the place where Manik was standing. They couldn't see the guy's face because his back was towards them. Manik was about to call Nandini when she got up from her seat followed by the mystery guy. She embraced him in a hug in a way Manik didn't like. Manik clenched his fists. Mukti held Manik's arm when she noticed that he could lose his cool any moment now. His eyes were burning with rage.

Mukti : Manik, dekh shaant rehna. Don't make a scene here. Bahut log hai yaha. 

Manik's eyes were fixated on Nandini and the unfamiliar guy. She wasn't sure if Manik heard her. When Mukti turned her gaze back towards Nandini, she saw Nandini kissing the guy's cheek. Her eyes widened and she immediately focused her attention back on Manik. He seethed in anger and scurried away towards the jam room. Mukti went behind him too.

*Flashback ends*

As Mukti completed, everyone stared at her incredulously. Cabir was the first one to speak.

Cabir : Nandini did what? Are you guys sure tumlogo ne Nandini ko hi dekha tha? I mean..

Before Cabir could complete, Manik glowered at him and yelled.

Manik : Tujhe kya lagta hai Cabir, hum pagal hai? We can't see or what? Hum yaha mazaak kar rahe hai?

Mukti : Calm down Manik. Cabir pe chillakar kya milega? 

Manik : Tu isse bol naa. Yeh kya bakwaas questions puch raha hai. 

Manik turned his face to the other side and started taking deep breaths to control his temper. 

Cabir : Arey Manik woh..

Cabir's statement was cut short when they heard the door of the jam room squeak. Everyone shifted their gaze towards the door. Nandini entered the room. 

Nandini : Hi guys! 

Everyone gaped at her in silence. Nandini felt weird when none of them replied to her greeting. 

Nandini : Kya hua guys? Tumlog sab mujhe aise kyu dekh rahe ho? 

They all came out of their trance. 

Alya : Arey kuch nahi. Aao na. 

While Nandini walked in, Mukti whispered to Manik.

Mukti : Manik, handle this calmly. Please don't lose your cool. 

Manik's eyes were focused on Nandini all this while. Unconsciously, he just nodded his head without looking at Mukti and started advancing towards Nandini. Nandini was just about to say something to Alya when Manik questioned her nonchalantly.