Chapter 1- The Senior Ace

A/N

warning: language

Hello everyone! A few things to discuss.

In this story there will be two writers, E and L. You can probably figure out who is who because our writing styles are different, but we'll mark where the writers switch just so that you're aware the style is going to change :)

E-BIO

Hello everyone I'm E.

I will be writing the first half of most of the chapters. I love volleyball and love haikyuu, but my writing is pretty meh so I'll probably include more dialogue than action. <3

L-BIO

Hii-oo I'm L!

      I'm writing the second half of the chapters. I'm completely unathletic, and a simp to all things anime with black hair. I've been writing for a while in hopes at making it my profession so any critique is welcome! I do like dialogue but action scenes are my forte :)

++++++

"And with that, our beloved Senior Ace, (F/N) (L/N), wins the game for Shallen Elite!! A final kill JUST landing on the end line breaks Lambert United's twenty year winning streak."

I rushed towards my teammates, ignoring the tears of joy that blurred my vision. My legs were weak. My arms felt like they could fall off at any second. My feet burned with each step I took.

None of it mattered.

I had finally reached my goal. We had won the national championships, and I had finally reached the top with the help of my teammates.

(Shallen Elite- one of the most famous volleyball clubs in the nation, rivaling the USA junior olympic team in strength and power.)*

+++++

"(Y/N)...WAKE THE HELL UP!" I felt someone violently tugging on my (h/c) hair.

It was none other than my new best friend, Akari Akaashi. "The most beautiful girl at Shiratorizawa Academy" (according to her instagram bio) and one of the most friendly people I've met. We were neighbors, and her family had come to welcome us the first day we moved into town. Before we knew it, we were discussing boys, (in her case girls and boys) volleyball, and memes. We texted constantly, soon our families adored each other.

The warm covers were yanked away and I shivered, my eyes kept closed as I clawed at the air, making futile attempts to find the fluffy blanket. Akari grabbed my arm, yanking me out of the bed, ignoring my head that hit the white carpet.

"What is WRONG with you?" I asked, rubbing the newly formed bump on my head whilst scowling at her. "We don't have school for another two hours!"

"I came over three hours ago, (Y/n)! This is your first day at the academy and I wanted to make sure you look and feel your absolute best. You do have volleyball tryouts after school today, right? What if one of the volleyball boys decides to watch? What if-"

"I'm still not understanding what any of that has to do with you coming over at.." I looked towards my alarm clock, "It's seven now, and you came.. three hours ago... so.. FOUR in the MORNING?"

I dramatically rolled over and dragged the bedsheet to the floor.

"(Y/n)!" Akari whined. "Your aunt and I made breakfast while we were waiting for you to wake up~"