Chapter 9 - The History Of Kuroo And Me

It was the end of my freshman year in high school. I had come to visit my aunt in Tokyo when she lived there) so that I could attend volleyball training at Nekoma. On the very first day I had already become good friends with the boys coach because of my father, So I had no problem training with him after the girl's coach kicked me out of the gym for breaking a few balls. 

As I went up for my final spike I hit extra hard since I knew the girls team would be walking by. What I didn't know was that the boys practice was going to be happening right after mine. Of course, I still hit with my usual precision and landed, executing my trademark wipe on my forehead afterwards. After I made it to the bench I sat down to drink my water while coach gave me pointers. 

"It's like she's a beast or something!" 

"What the hell is going on with her?"

"Her spikes are more powerful than Kuroo's? How?"

Coach Nekomata frowned and directed his attention towards the group. "This is (L/n) (F/n). She plays in America and is the daughter of one of my former teammates. Please show her respect." 

I blushed as all the boys turned their attention to me. One boy in particular stood out. He was much taller than me, had the most beautiful case of bedhead I had ever seen, and he seemed to be looking at me just a little bit more intently than the others.

After watching the boys practice, I confirmed that his name was Kuroo. Tetsuro Kuroo. At the time, I barely had enough confidence to look at him, let alone talk to him. He was always surrounded by fangirls which made it even harder.

3RD PERSON POV

One day, after your practice with coach was almost over, Kuroo had come in early to watch. He would never admit it to his team, but he was enamored by you. Your power, Your looks, Your slightly shy personality...

"Hey Kuroo," You said, inching closer to him with a mischievous smile on your face. 

He snapped out of his temporary trance. "YES?" He asked loudly.

"You were staring at me." you stated bluntly while you picked up your bottle and drank from it. You had to admit, Kuroo was very attractive. His demeanor was confident, and that's what you loved about him.

"Was not." He looked away, smirking as he took the bottle from your hands. He made a show of putting the straw directly on his mouth. "You're seeing things." 

Kuroo had never been able to get you out of his head. You practically mesmerized him, and he wasn't sure why. There were millions of fangirls he could easily get with, so why was he stuck on you?