Chapter 8 - Old Arrivals

Kuroo and I walked in the grassy area outside the gym, avoiding the rocks around the shady trees. I was waiting for him to speak, but he hadn't yet. We were just enjoying the light breeze that had taken over campus. Volleyball practice was over, ending as soon as Washijou and the boys left. Kuroo had waited for me after his joke, leaving the rest of the girl's team speechless (and some jealous).

He came to a sudden stop, turning around to face me. His hands ran over my cheek, picking my face up and practically forcing my gaze to meet his. I admired the messy hair I had once been so fond of, The beautiful brown eyes that I used to look into so passionately, and the clear, glowing skin I had always loved to kiss.

"You always look so innocent when I do that, Chibi-chan." His flirty tone surprised me as much as it could have, since it was Kuroo after all.

I rolled my eyes and blushed a little, shyly breaking our eye contact. "Stop with the nice shit and tell me why you're here."

"Can't a guy miss his beautiful-"

"No. He can't. What do you need? You don't even go to Shiratorizawa, you're way too far from your house, and I am really busy right know so I don't think you should be here." I turned away from the boy and headed back towards the gym, kicking every rock along the path. 'What right does he have to come back into my life? He can't just-' I trailed off as I heard what sounded like a stampede of small elephants. I looked back to where the boy had been.

Kuroo's fangirls had already swarmed him, confessing their love and asking for dates as if they hadn't just seen him with a girl. I knew how much he secretly hated all of the confessions, because he felt awful for not returning the feelings. So I (against my better judgement) marched over to him, pushed the fangirls out of the way, and confessed my "undying love" for Nekoma's captain. I couldn't help but blush as I remembered the first time I had done this. 

The fangirls' eyes widened as he accepted my confession, taking my hand in his and making a show of walking me towards the garden at the front of the school. 

"Go on a date with me tomorrow night." He said, inching closer to me as I tried to slip away. 

"I would rather swallow razor blades." I said, giving him the bird as I walked backwards towards the exit. 

"Chibi-chan." I stopped in my tracks. The old nickname he had for me still struck a chord whenever I heard it, and I just couldn't seem to let go. 

"Fine. But just so you can tell me why you're here and what's going on, okay?"

He smiled contentedly. 

+++++

Akari stared at me with more anger in her eyes than ever. "How in HELL did you let Kuroo convince you to go on a DATE WITH YOU?" Tendou Sara and her twin looked up from the game they were setting up on the couch, intently listening to our conversation. 

"For the last time, baka, I did NOT let him. I'm just going so I can find out information about why he's here." 

"Do you even know where the date is?" Akari dramatically "fainted" over the counter. "You know how he loves excessive shit. He's definitely going to take you somewhere you don't want to go." 

I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone, dreading the text that inevitably popped up. 

I rolled my eyes and shut my phone off, starting up the stairs as Akaashi and Ushijima came back

I rolled my eyes and shut my phone off, starting up the stairs as Akaashi and Ushijima came back. When they asked where I was going, I had already made it up the stairs, so the reaction was unknown to me. I threw on one of her old hoodies and walked back downstairs after putting my hair up in a bun. 

"Don't go." Akaashi's green eyes stared right into mine.