Chapter 2 - Satori Tendou and The Case Of The Lost Ace

We walked up the grassy hills in front of the school as I nervously fidgeted with my headphone strings. Loud, aggressive rap music played in my ears, surprisingly calming me while Akira skipped ahead. We'd arrived at the gigantic school. I could barely see the roof with the extremely tall dorm buildings blocking my view.

(for the sake of the story)

"So this is the front gate.." I anxiously stated the obvious. Since Akira couldn't see how nervous I was to be there, she rolled her eyes and patted my shoulder.

"Calm your tits. Everyone will love you." She walked in, disappearing without another word.

'So much for showing me around, I guess.' I thought to myself as I removed my headphones from my ears.

"Hellooo hot stranger~" A mysterious voice called out from behind me. I turned around, making eye contact with a tall, red haired boy.

"Hello, random boy," I replied unenthusiastically, rolling my (e/c) eyes. I observed him- and decided that he must have been a third year.

"You look new. Are you new? I haven't seen you around anywhere. What's your favorite color? Favorite number? What year are you in? What class? Do you play any sports? How many sports? Are-"

"I am new, I'm from America so I hope not, Teal, 42 which is my jersey number from back home, year two, class four, volleyball and football (soccer)." The tall boy recoiled in shock. No one had ever been able to return his barrage of questions with such accuracy and speed before.

"The name is Tendou Satori."

"(L/n) F/n)." I took his hand and eagerly shook it, happy to make a new friend. "So, Tendou-san, what-"

"You're really cute." said Tendou, cutting off my words with his flirty tone. "Can I have your number? Maybe take you out sometime?" His phone landed in my palm and I entered my number in, feigning confidence as I took a contact picture.

"Here," I said. "Text me so I know who you are." Soon after, my phone buzzed.

I smiled and typed my response before slipping my phone back into my bag

I smiled and typed my response before slipping my phone back into my bag. "By any chance could you show me the way to class four? I have no idea where I'm going."

Tendou looked through the gates,"Eh, why not. I'm here early anyway." He grabbed my hand and ran, ignoring my objections. We spent several minutes maneuvering through students who were trying to enter the building. Many of the people we passed were staring, whispering about Tendou and the new "cute second year". Tendou eventually led me towards a particular group of tall boys. I could only assume they were third years like him.

"Uh, before we go over there, c-could you start calling me Satori? Since you're from America it's probably weird to call me by my last name, and we're friends now so I don't mind." He looked a little nervous while he asked, and it was adorable. 

"Sure, Satori-san." I said with a smile.

He grinned back, continuing to lead me towards the group. One especially large boy caught my attention.

The "Ace of Shiratorizawa".

 According to Akaashi, Ushijima was a force to be reckoned with on the court. I had seen a few of his tapes from his father (my previous coach), But he looked very different now. He was taller, and somehow less intimidating than he was on TV.

"Hello?...(L/N)?" Tendou waved a large hand in front of my face and I blushed, realizing I had been staring blankly at the boy. Ushijima returned the stare, and as I turned away his eyes widened in recognition. 

"You're the senior ace." He said, almost as if he was questioning me. "My father has worked with you. I've seen your tapes." he held out his hand and I took it, shaking it as his teammates exchanged confused looks, "Ushijima Wakatoshi."

(handshakes aren't very common in Japan but I didn't know how else to get them to greet each other without it being inaccurate sorry)

I addressed the group as I shook all of their hands. "Uh..hi, I'm (L/n) (F/n). I used to play volleyball in America, a-apparently for Ushijima's father? I'm nicknamed the 'Senior Ace' and I'm also a second year. It's nice to meet you all."

I nervously looked around, making eye contact with a specific black haired Akaashi.

"AKARI-CHAN!" I yelled angrily, temporarily forgetting the boys in front of me. She turned and stared at me with fear-filled eyes. 

I put my books in Tendou's arms, politely asking him to carry them for a few minutes. When he obliged, I gave him a kiss on the cheek, which earned gasps from all of his teammates and a light blush from the red haired boy.

"Forgive (L/n)-san," Tendou mumbled, "She's not very familiar with the culture."

I was too busy running towards the scared girl to apologize. At full speed I ran, and despite her attempts to move out of the way, I was easily able to reach her. I pinned her to the ground before shaking her violently.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING LEAVING ME ALL ALONE LIKE THAT?" I let her go, realizing I'd already made a scene in the hallway. We awkwardly apologized to the passersby as I stood up, anger radiating off of me. 

"I figured some cute boy would find you and try to help." She said as she cleaned the dust off her skirt, unphased. 

"He's not really my type bu-"

 "WHO IS IT? A BOY HELPED YOU? REALLY? OH MY-" Her eyes were buck wide, and I was starting to regret mentioning anything.

I glanced back and noticed the group of familiar boys approaching us before profusely apologizing to Tendou as him, Ushijima, and the grey haired boy stared in bewilderment. 

"Akaashi-san," Ushijima spoke, still making eye contact with me, "I assume (L/n)-san Is going to try out for the girls volleyball team, correct?"

Akari rolled her eyes, a slight mischievous grin on her lips, "Of course Ushibaka-kun. In fact, we were going to go to dinner afterwards if you guys would like to join us. I'll make a group chat and text the details."

"See you there gorgeous~" Said Tendou as he walked away. I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or Akari, but I nodded in agreement.

"I'll go too," Ushijima walked away, obviously trying to catch up to Tendou. 

The grey haired one smirked in my best friend's direction. "See you there Akari-san." When he'd turned around her smile brightened.

I was definitely going to ask what that was about.

The first bell rang, and I'd realized I still had no idea where my class even was. I organized my books once again before saying goodbye to Akari. This... would be interesting.

+++++

A/N 

I'm so sorry that this story exists.