Chapter 12- Dancing With The Devil (I)

"My baby!" My Aunt kissed my cheek abundantly, "She's all grown up! Going on dates and parties and all."

I pushed her away, looking awkwardly at Ushijima who waited for me at the front door. His face was slightly blushing as he watched me try to squirm away from my aunts blistering kisses.

     "A- auntie-," I toppled over, holding on to the table's edge for support, "I'll be right back, okay?"

        "But my baby—."

     "Auntie," Ushijima held on my forearm, pulling me away, "I'll watch her carefully, she shouldn't get in too much trouble under my watch."

    She stared at him with furrowed eyebrows before nodding away, shooing us out, "Ride carefully you two! And be back before 12!"

    We walked to the garage, pulling out both bikes. Over the last few weeks Ushijima, my aunt and I had been practicing our bike riding skills. Now Ushijima was pretty skilled himself, being able to ride a bike alone.

       "(Y/n)," He muttered, watching as I kicked off the brake. I turned around, noting his red cheeks.

   "Ushi?"

      "Ah.." He quickly shook his head, peddling off into the street. His back faded off into the fading sunset. That's a first.. I kicked off, following him as I tried not to smile ..He blushed.

••

         We arrived at Karasuno High at record speeds, with Ushijima's clear attempt at biking faster than me and my horrible attempt at keeping up.

He's pretty fast for someone who just learnt to ride.

    "I can't believe it," I locked my bike, looking at the Karasuno gym, "I knew it was a party full of volleyball players, but seriously? A party at a gym?"

  What's the difference in attending Kuroo's volleyball game and coming here?

     Ushijima stared at my side profile, almost grinning, "Yeah?"

  "Hm..?" I faced him, raising my eyebrow, "Yeah?"

        "Ushijima! (Y/n)-chan!" Chan?

             Tendou, now wearing his red hair brushed down, jumped both of us into a hug. He actually looked good today..

       Ushijima yanked him away from us, back to his usual unfazed self, "I'm going in."

   "Yeah.." I mumbled, watching him silently almost forgetting the monster behind me. He's been acting kind of shy, just now I could tell he didn't want to leave. Why's he leaving then? Should I tell him to stay with me?

  Wait.. I began to fluster up ..someone might get the wrong idea!

     "Say.." Tendou suddenly appeared like a ghost, "Why do you have that weird face?"

   "Why do I—?" I glared at him, he may look good now but his personality is still the same, "Leave me alone."

    I followed down the sidewalk, stomping to the gym as Tendou ranted about weird ghastly stories he found online. If I could find Akaashi he'd definitely be able to help me break Tendou off.