I

The fresh grass laid beneath me as the blooming flowers surrounded me.

I rested my head onto Soo yeon's shoulder and stared up into the bright blue sky which held the blazing sun that radiated the bright light and added warmth to the light breeze.

"Ah-ro? Helping out in the palace?" I exclaimed. 

Soo yeon nodded. "She's going to work as a physician of the hwarang."

"Wait there she is!" I pointed out. We jogged towards Ah-ro who was holding a tray of supplies.

"Sorry guys, I'm in a rush." Ah-ro says.

 "So you are working at the palace?" I ask, making her nod.

"Yah! Tell me if my brother does anything stupid. He's such a cocky hardheaded dummy." Soo yeon frowned and we all giggled.

"Anyway, I gotta go or else I'll be in trouble." Ah-ro says and we say our goodbyes.

"Areum-ah, I have to get going as well. See you tomorrow?" Soo yeon smiles.

I nod and we part ways. I walk past the palace, not wanting the sight of the palace to leave my sight I start to walk backwards. I smile, looking at the detail of the building.

Suddenly I bump into someone making me fall back but someone was quick to grab my waist. I look into the person's eyes.

Oh my god.

His dark eyes stared deeply into mine. I observed his features closely. His caramel skin which was smooth and flawless, his plump pink lips could tempt anyone.

We quickly broke eye contact and he carefully lifted me up.

"S-sorry." I stuttered. His face remains emotionless and he clears his throat.

"Watch where you're going next time." he mutters before walking off.

I stay put for a minute, still in shock.

Looking at the hanbok he was wearing, you could tell he was a hwarang.

I stared at his moving figure until he was out of sight. I didn't know him but I knew I wanted to.

The way his eyes made my stomach flutter, I didn't know why.

I snapped out of my trance and quickly ran home.

-------------

Stepping into the small garden behind my home, I place the fresh fragrant flowers onto the engraved stone. I ran my fingers over the letters that were carved into the stone. Ji Dong Chul, Ji Eunhi, Ji Ho Jin.

"Eomma, Appa, Oraboni. I miss you guys." I say, a hint of sadness in my tone. I could still remember the day it happened.

"Someone's coming, run!" My dad quickly lifted me off the ground and started running, my mom and brother followed right behind us. We were suddenly stopped by many guards cutting us off.

"Get them!" one guard shouted. The men ripped me and my brother from our parent's arms and dragged us to a dark and enclosed room. They threw us inside and locked the door.

I cuddled close to my mother, confused I asked her what was going on. She looked at me with a small smile, but fear in her eyes was evident. She rested her hand on my cheek. "We just have to stay here for a while, but we will leave soon okay?" I nod.

--------

The sun fell and the moon was visible. My dad peeked out of the small window, making sure no one was outside. He then looked around the messy room and found a few wooden sticks.

He picked one up and inspected the door before aggressively banging the door with the stick. My mom stood up and grabbed a stick and did the same. Eventually the door loosened which made it easier to push open.

We hurriedly pushed the door open and walked out.

"Hey!" our heads turned to see two guards chasing after us. We started to run as fast as we could but the guards were able to get a hold of my parents.

For a split second I stopped and looked back at my parents but my mother shouted, "Keep going! Never stop!" She gave me a small smile.

A tear slipped down my cheek and I turned around and ran. I never stopped until I made it to our house.

The next day I woke up earlier and the first thing I did was go back to the palace. Luckily there were no guards so I could easily get in.

I found the room that we were in last night but only to find it empty.

I wandered around the area a little more. I walked through the largest doors I found, not caring about anything but my parents.

In one hand I wished I never walked in, but the other I'm glad I did because there were my parents.

They were tied up while two guards were standing behind them, in front of them was the Queen.

Their attention shifted to me and I froze. One of the guards dragged me up beside my parents.

My mother's eyes widened as tears continued to run down her face.

"Hm, is this your daughter?" the Queen asks. My dad nods slowly. She smiles at me but her smile soon drops when she averts her attention back to my parents.

"She'll be alright on her own, don't you think?" she smirks. My parents starts shaking their heads and sob.

"Let her go now." the queen orders. 

"But she knows everything-" the guard mentions.

"She's only a child, she won't even remember it." The guard nods and he pulls me to the doors.

As he did so, all I could hear were my parents sobbing, then a sword being drawn out.

Then utter silence, not one sound.

After losing my parents, my brother had to work hard to make money but his body finally gave up and now I was the only one left.

My family was poor and at times we didn't have enough money to eat. That night, my parents were desperate and we couldn't afford food so we decided to steal.

Even though it has been 17 years since I lost my parents, the pain was of course still there and I yearned for my parents everyday. I thankfully met Ah-ro and Soo yeon and they were there for me to cheer me up and guide me.

I quickly wiped my tears that I didn't notice were falling down my cheeks and got up. I entered my small house and prepared a small meal for myself.

I later get changed and wash up, getting ready for bed. All I wanted to do was rest since a lot was on my mind. I closed my eyes letting myself drift off and forget all my stress.