III

Banryu POV

I grunted as I held Suho up on my back. We entered our room and I plopped him on his
bed. 

"What happened to him?" Yeo wool asks. 

"Don't worry about it." I grumble.

Areum POV

I walked out of my tiny home and wandered around the shops. I noticed a familiar figure moving quickly. I squinted my eyes and walked closer. It was Soo yeon

I decided to follow her, curious about where she was going. I didn't want her to know I was following her so I slowly made my way to her direction.

She stopped by a tree which was right outside the gates of the palace. I raised an eyebrow.

What is she doing here?

She seemed to have something in her hand, an envelope of some sort. All of a sudden the gates opened and a man walked out.

It was Banryu

Soo yeon walks over to him and hands the envelope to him. She says a few words to him before leaving.

Hm, maybe it was the apology letter.

I decided to catch up to Soo yeon. Following the direction she went in I ended up walking past Banryu.

We made quick eye contact but I felt the world go into slow motion.

His cold gaze stared right through my soul which made me shiver. It intimidated me but at the same time, it made my stomach flutter. Just like the first time I encountered him.

I shifted my gaze to the ground, breaking eye contact as I felt my cheeks burn up. I quicken my pace and catch up to Soo yeon.

"Oh Areum, what are you doing here?" Soo yeon asks. 

"I was wandering around and I noticed you." she nodded.

Banryu POV

"My brother Suho may look smart, but he is dumb and arrogant. Fist always comes first to him. Hence, I cannot persuade him through a letter. Please survive. I will explain everything to him upon his return. The one who touched was me and not you. I will clarify it to him."

The letter read. Banryu sighed and folded the paper back up, putting it in his robe.

Areum POV

I said goodbye to Soo yeon before closing my front door.

I didn't feel sleepy yet so i decided to take a walk. I opened a cabinet taking out the sword that was inside.

Although I was a calm person, I did learn how to defend myself and fight. The sword was my father's, he was skilled when it came to fighting.

Since I was quite young, he didn't teach me a lot with the time he was with me but he told me the basics and said that when the time was right, I would be able to have the sword in my hands.

I carried the sword with me for safety, not like I ever used it... yet.

I stepped outside, feeling the cold breeze flow through my hair. It was always calming to walk outside when it was dark.

Some people were still partying but as I walked farther from them, the quieter it got. Just how I liked it.

I took a deep breath, relaxing myself as I let myself walk wherever.

Quietness surrounded me until I heard footsteps. I turned around, to check if anyone was behind me.

I noticed a shadow that seemed to be moving towards the palace. Curiosity got the best of me and I followed it.

I ended up by the wall of the palace, a figure dressed in all black climbed over. I waited a few seconds before climbing over as well.

I trailed behind and stopped when I saw the person try to get into the palace.

Being the nice person I was, I called them out.

"Hey!" The figure turned to me, and took out his sword. I smirked and took mine out as well.

He charged at me, attempting to hit me but I blocked him. He swung at me again but I ducked, slashing his leg.

He fell over and dropped his sword. I kicked his sword away, raised my sword and brought it down to finish him off but before I could, I felt myself being pulled back. It was a guard.

I was dragged into the palace and placed in front of the throne.

Where the queen was sitting.

I bowed my head. "Y-your majesty." she looks at me. 

"What were you doing here?" she asks.

"I'm sorry. Someone tried to break into the palace. I decided to follow him and stop him." I explained, my voice was shaking.

She smiled softly. "I must say, you have good skill. What is your name?"

I look up at her. "Areum."

"Well Areum, you snuck onto the property and caused chaos." my breathing became uneven from nervousness.

"...and you protected the palace. I want you to be of good use to me. The princess will be arriving soon. She is skilled in fighting, singing and dancing. I will put you to the test. If you pass, you will become a teacher for the hwarangs. Do you understand?" she says, making me shocked.

"Y-yes your majesty." I agree. She nods.

 "You're free to go, I will assign someone to let you know when you will be tested."

__________

"You too?" Ah-ro exclaimed. I nodded.

 "Wait, you have to fight against the princess?" Soo yeon asks and I shrug. "I guess so."

"Aren't you nervous?" Ah-ro says.

"A little, I don't mind if I fail though, I didn't ask to be a teacher."

"Hm. Anyway, I need to go. See you guys." Ah-ro climbs down the wall and so does Soo yeon and I.

Suddenly a woman walks up to us. "Areum, the queen wishes to see you." Soo yeon and I look at each other.

"O-okay." Soo yeon gives me a nod which I give back before following the woman.

Oh dear lord.

A/n: sorry for the boring chapter aha. I will hopefully have more action and drama in the next chapter <3