XI

I felt my body being slightly shaken. I slowly opened my drowsy and swollen eyes. "Get up, let's go." I look around and notice Seonwoo wasn't in the cell. Suho helped me up and we followed the two guards.

We arrived in the same area where we were yesterday and Seonwoo stood before the king. "This match will be ended fairly. If I lose, I will accept it, if you lose you will accept it." the king announced.

Seonwoo and the king got in position, both having intense stares at each other. "Let the battle begin!"

They both charged at each other, clashing their swords against each other. They came to a stop as their swords were pushing against each other, the king slightly turned his body which enabled him to slash Seonwoo on the arm. He holds his arm for a few seconds before going at him again.

Seonwoo jumped over his head but the king was quick to slice his leg. Seonwoo tumbles over but hurriedly uses his sword to help him stand back up. The king looked at the blood that was on his sword and smirked.

Once again, the sound of metal on metal was heard as they kept fighting. Seonwoo blocked the king's hit but it didn't last as he brought his sword down and slashed him on his side.

Seonwoo stands there and glares at the smirking man. "What? Give up already?" Seonwoo runs to him, it seems he got his timing right and cuts him right on the arm.

Seonwoo didn't give up despite the injuries he had, going in for another hit he slashed his side. The king groans in pain and falls over. Seonwoo kicks the sword away and looks down on him.

I notice that the general started to pull his sword out. My eyebrows furrow and I speak up. "General, this is a fair battle is it not? Whoever loses will accept it." he looks at and gulps before putting his sword back in its sheath.

Seonwoo POV

"Let's try something different, no swords. Just fists." I throw my sword to the side and the man gets up. We pull our fists up to our face before going at each other, punching and kicking at every opportunity we got.

He overpowers me and repeatedly beats me up until I lay on the ground. He sits on top of me, punching my face with all his might. My face was covered in blood and my vision was blurred.

I was able to see the figures of people and the one silhouette that caught my eye was very familiar. Ah-ro. I had to set her free. 

With all my strength I push that bastard off of me and kick him down. As he did to me, I punched him over and over again as I sat on him. He got so weak that he could barely move or make a sound.

I get off of him and kneel down and give out a loud scream.

Areum POV

As Seonwoo shouted his heart out, my eyes looked over at the king who slowly grabbed the sword that was nearby. He was able to stand up and he lifted the sword, ready to chop Seonwoo's head off.

I grabbed the general's sword, not caring about anything and I ran in front of the king and blocked his sword with mine. His eyes widened. I pushed my sword against his and cut his arm making him drop the sword.

I wasn't going to kill him, he was already weak so I kicked him down and he easily fell over. The general and another guard help him up and I hold Seonwoo up. I look up at the messed up face of the king. "We won." he scoffed. "You interfered."

"We still won, you were already on the ground but you still tried to kill him." he nods. "Alright, you won." "What happens to these people." I look at the crowd on the side. "They will still be punished for their crimes, they are thieves and had nothing to do with this battle." My eyes widened. 

"Y-you can't do that! That's not fair!" I screamed but he just walked off and Ah-ro and the others were taken back to their cells.

We were finally allowed to stay out of our cells, but Seonwoo had another 'meeting' with the king. "We need to get them out of there." I say while I tried to think of a plan. "Seonwoo will help us, we can think of a plan when he gets back." Jidwi says and I nod in agreement.

"Oh, Seonwoo- I mean your majesty. What did he say?" Suho asks. "He won't let them go, we have to free them ourselves." Seonwoo responds. "Well let's hurry up and get them out of here." I say bluntly.

____________

Banryu, Suho and I waited outside for Jidwi and Seonwoo to let the captives free. I hoped for the best and prayed that they would be safe. Ah-ro and my 'mother." This was the one thought that never left my mind.

Suddenly Seonwoo walks out with the captives behind him and Jidwi behind them all. We all started to leave until many guards blocked our way. We backed up, only to be blocked on the other side as well.

We were cornered to the side as we stood in front of the captives, making sure no one would get hurt. "The king was going to change his mind and let them go but now here you are going against him. What a pity." the general says before pulling out his sword and attacking us.

We tried to keep all the guards occupied, I fought off some of them before clearing a path that everyone could get through. I ushered them to run through, Ah-ro guiding them. I suddenly saw the woman who looked like my mother and got distracted.

The sound of clashing metal was what broke my daze. Suho blocked a guard from probably slicing my neck. We fought him off before running off, the others soon followed.

_______________

Our feet finally reached Silla's soil and everyone was jumping with joy. I smiled at the sight of these people who lived in fear finally happy. The laughing and smiling was quickly replaced with screams as arrows were being shot at us, hitting many of the captives.

Those bastards really couldn't let us go

Suddenly Suho rushes in front and gets hit by an arrow. I gasp and the anger in me starts to build up even more. "You thought you could get away with this King Jinheung?" he smirks. The general holds his arm with an open hand. The guards prepare their bows. "3, 2..." before he could close his fist an arrow hits him.

We turn around and see the hwarangs and Master Wihwa running to us. The hwarangs shield the captives and Wihwa goes up front with me, Seonwoo and Jidwi. "You are on Silla's ground and causing mayhem, you can be gravely punished for that." Wihwa chuckles and the king clenches his teeth.

"We will let this one slide, but if I ever see your face again. You're dead, King Jinheung." They all turn around and run off. I chuckled at how cowardly that bastard was. We were able to take everyone back safely and I couldn't feel any more satisfied. Except for one thing.

I have to find out if that woman is my mother.

_________________

"Where are they being taken care of?" I asked Wihwa. "Just outside the palace, they're getting treated by Ah-ro." I bow before rushing over to the front of the palace. I looked around, trying to find her.

"Areum? Who are you looking for?" Ah-ro walks up from behind me. "A-Ah-ro." I stutter. "What's wrong?" "I think my mother is here." Ah-ro looks at me in confusion. "Your mother? I thought she, you know, d-died." I shake my head. "I thought that too but I'm sure she's here and alive. There was a woman who looked just like her, I need to find her."

"Do you want me to help you?" Ah-ro asks. "No it's alright, go treat anyone else who's injured." I say before running off.

Eomma where are you?

Someone suddenly grabs my wrist. Out of reflexes I drew my sword out, turned around and rested the sword on the person's neck.

My eyes widened and tears started to build up in my eyes as I slowly dropped my sword.

a/n: sorry for the late update i haven't been feeling well aha. i feel like this chapter is really short and boring lol sorry about that. hope you enjoy tho, don't forget to leave a comment and vote. love u all have a good day <3333