XXI

Areum POV

I slowly opened my eyes but quickie shut them again from the light. My whole body ached and I felt dizzy. I groaned in discomfort and tried to open my eyes again.

"Areum?" a deep voice from beside me said. I turned my head and my eyes landed on who was beside me. "What happened?" I asked in a rather quiet voice. "One of the guards stabbed you during your fight." Banryu responded.

I tried to sit up but Banryu slowed me down. "Careful, you might hurt yourself." he said softly as he helped me up. "How are you feeling?" he asked me. "Sore." I sighed. "Thankfully the wound wasn't too deep, you lost quite a lot of blood but Ah-ro was able to keep it under control." I smiled at him.

"Thanks for trying to warn me back there." "If only I had seen it sooner then this wouldn't have happened." Banryu sighed. "Hey, don't worry about it. I didn't die anyway." I joked. "Yah, that isn't something to joke around about." Banryu scoffed which made me laugh.

"Don't be too concerned about me, I'm strong aren't I?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes playfully. "You sure are."

Suddenly the doors bursted open which revealed an impatient Suho. "Areum!" he ran to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "O-ouch." I whined since he was hugging me too tight. "Oh- sorry! How are you feeling?" Suho said. "I'm fine now, thanks." I grinned.

"We were so worried about you." Suho pouted. "Aish, well I'm alright now so you don't have to worry anymore okay?" I giggled. "Stop getting yourself into these situations." Suho groaned. "It wasn't my fault, the queen wanted to punish me so this is how she did it." I pointed to my wound.

"Do you still like the queen after this?" I questioned and Suho looked at me, caught off guard. "I'm kidding." I chuckled. "Well, I'm not happy about what she did to you." Suho admitted.

"Omo, Areum you're awake." Ah-ro walks in. "Yeah, how long have I been unconscious anyway?" I asked as I took a sip of water that Banryu gave me earlier.

"Three days." Ah-ro responded. I spit out my water in shock. "Three days?" I exclaimed. "Yeah, we were getting worried, thank goodness you're up now." Banryu says.

"I'm surprised he was worried about you." Suho scoffed. I looked over at Banryu and then back at Suho. "He was?" I asked in disbelief. "Yeah, he didn't want to leave your side. We almost had to drag him out the room so he could eat." Ah-ro crossed her arms.

Banryu rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Hmm, thanks Banryu." I smiled at him. "Y-yeah, don't mention it." he stuttered.

_____________________

"Are you sure you're fine to go back?" Jidwi questioned. I stood up from the bed and nodded. "Yeah, I was stuck in this bed unconscious for three days and kept here for another three days. I think I'll be fine."

"Your wounds haven't fully healed though." Ah-ro whined. "It's alright, they'll heal sooner or later." I shrugged. "Are you going to see the queen now?" Hansung asked. "Yeah, that bitch is probably expecting me anyway." I scoffed and headed out the door.

"D-did she just call the queen a bitch?" Suho gaped his mouth. "Don't think too deep about it, I mean the queen was the reason she almost died." Yeowool patted his back.

Jidwi POV

I tried to suppress my laugh when I heard Areum call my mother a bitch. Although she was talking about my mother I couldn't exactly disagree. She sent me away and keeps the throne to herself, not to mention she was the cause of Areum almost losing her life.

______________

Areum POV

"Areum, how are you doing?" The queen asked in a rather sinister tone. "I'm doing well, I have recovered quite quickly." I answered. "That's good because the princess will need her Wonhwa as soon as possible." I mentally rolled my eyes at her words.

Of course that's all she cares about. It's not like I almost died.

"Of course your highness." I bowed. "You may leave now." she dismissed me.

Banryu POV

I paced back and forth as I thought about Areum.

Will she be okay? What will the queen say? What if she gets injured again?

"Banryu? Are you okay?" Ah-ro snapped me out of my daze. "H-huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." I say. "What are you thinking about?" I hesitated to answer. "You're thinking about Areum aren't you." I slowly nodded. "Aish, she's tough. She'll do just fine." Ah-ro assured me. "Wait, do you like Areum?" Ah-ro exclaimed.

"What? N-no!" I stuttered. "Why'd you stutter?" "I didn't" "Yes you did." "No I didn't-" "I knew it! You like her!" Ah-ro shouted.

"No I don't!" I said once again. "You didn't want to leave her side, you tried to warn her about that guard and you were the first one to rush to her when she fell." Ah-ro said and I gulped.

"W-well, I guess that's true. That doesn't mean I like her though." I defended myself. "Suho likes her but you came to her aid first." Ah-ro shrugged. "That's because I was worried about her." "And you like her."

"Stop saying that!" I shouted. "Whatever, but don't come crying to me when Suho wins her heart." Ah-ro smirked and left the room.

Ugh. I mean, I'm always concerned about her, I always want to talk to her. Do I like her? Aish, Areum what are you doing to me?

Suho POV

I stood outside the medical room and heard Ah-ro and Banryu's argument. Ah-ro walks out the room and sees me. "Oh, how long have you been standing there?" she asked. "U-uh I just got here." I lied. "Alright then." she says before leaving.

I barged into the room and approached Banryu. "If you like her, I'm gonna kill you." I say bluntly. "Huh? What nonsense are you saying?" Banryu scoffs. "I heard your conversation with Ah-ro. You can deny it all you want but she made a point. You are always with her, you have feelings for her too huh?" I raged.

"So what if I do? Do you think she'll choose you?" Banryu smirked. "You bastard." I held him by his collar. "If you're so confident then fine. Let's have a competition. Who can win Areum's heart the fastest." I say.

"Wow, now you're using Areum to try and beat me? Do you really have feelings for her or are you just going to play her like every girl in Silla?" Banryu sneered. "No I'm not, if I win her heart I'll never hurt her, it'll just be a bonus that it'll end up hurting you." I snapped.

We stared at each other in rage. We were about to fight again until the door opened. "Yah! If you two are going to fight, don't do it here." Ah-ro scolded.

a/n: i know this chapter is kinda short and boring but it was more of like a filler chapter lol.