XXXII

Suho POV

I made my way to the queen's quarters. Mo Young was outside the door pouring a cup of tea for the queen. I was caught off guard as I watched Mo Young pour a suspicious liquid into the cup.

She noticed me and seemed quite startled. She bowed to me which I also did. We both entered the room and Mo Young placed the tray of tea in front of the queen and bowed before leaving.

The queen picked up the teacup and was about to take a sip but I quickly grabbed it from her and took a sip. The taste was odd, it was poison. I threw the cup to the ground. She looked up at me and sighed. "It takes a while for the symptoms to start showing." she spoke.

She then grabbed another cup from the tray and poured herself another cup of tea but I hastily took it from her and threw it away.

"Your highness, it's poisoned." I exclaimed. "I know." she simply said. Suddenly she started to cough, bringing her handkerchief up to her mouth to cover it. She let out a small whimper and pulled the cloth away from her mouth.

My eyes went wide when I saw the small patch of blood stained on the cloth. "Your highness..." She brought her finger to her lips. "Don't tell anyone." she whispered.

Areum POV

The officials made their way into the throne room and stood on the side. Banryu and I stood in front of the throne and looked down at everyone. The large doors opened and the queen dressed in red and gold as her large crown sat upon her head walked in.

I was actually quite surprised to see that she had come, although I suppose it was because she was going to try and find a way to stop all of this.

She sat down in the seat below the stairs, not saying a single word. Banryu and I looked at each other, I gave him a warm smile of reassurance.

Once again the doors opened but this time the hwarangs dressed in their red handboks marched in. Seonwoo, Yeowool and Suho stood in front and led the way.

Seonwoo stepped forward and opened his mouth. "We are here for the coronation for the next heir to the throne. We shall declare..." Seonwoo paused.

I looked down at Jiso who's fists were clenched and she was ready to push herself up to object.

"Jinhueng as King!" Seonwoo finished. Jinheung walked out from behind the walls that stood behind Banryu and I. Banryu and I walked down the steps and stood with the hwarangs.

"Hwarang! Kneel before our king!" Seonwoo announced. Each row kneeled including Banryu and I. I lifted my head slightly and peeked at the queen.

Her expression was surprised but calm. She gazed at me and shockingly gave me a small smile.

Seonwoo then stood up and whipped his sword out and placed it on Youngshil's neck. His eyes bulged out of his eyes and his face was red with rage.

Banryu stared at him, tears started to build up in his eyes. I didn't blame him, it was still his stepfather after all.

_________

Suho POV

After the coronation I escorted the queen back to her room. Just as we were about to reach her door the queen slowed down and eventually fell to the ground. I held her in my arms and shook her body.

"Your highness? Your highness!" I called out but she wouldn't wake up.

_________

Ahn Ji Gong placed his fingers on the queen's wrist to feel her pulse. He lets out a sigh and then releases his hand from her wrist but he felt himself being pulled back.