XXVII

I stared into the mirror as a portion of my hair was tossed into a bun while the remaining hair was left down in front of my shoulders. A jokduri was worn on my head, it was designed beautifully with black silk and many pearls and embroidery.

The hwarot I was dressed in was sewn together with red and blue fabric. Various symbols were embroidered into the dress which made it even more bold. Each symbol represented a certain thing. Love wishes, long life and health.

The daenggi was tied at the end of my hair and left down hanging. I never thought my wedding day would, especially not like this but I have to.

The last details of my makeup were being finished and I was finally able to get a good look of myself. I looked at each little detail of my outfit and makeup.

"I hope Banryu likes it." I mumbled to myself. "I'm sure he will, M'lady." a servant said. I giggled. "You think so?" she nodded vigorously. "Yes m'lady, you are very beautiful. I don't know why the queen never showed you to us." she pouted but then slapped her hand on her mouth.

"I-I'm so sorry m'lady, I didn't mean to mention that-" she bowed. "It's alright, no big deal." I laughed. "S-sorry." she apologized again. Just then the door opened which revealed Mo Young. "It's time, M'lady." she announced. I gulped and my palms started to sweat.

I started to breathe heavily out of nervousness. "O-okay." I muttered. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before walking out the door with Mo Young. Let's do this.

I was escorted outside before the front of the palace. I peeked through the crack of the gates and saw the queen sitting by the stairs along with Princess Sookmyung and the officials. I squeezed my eyes shut and paced back and forth. "Are you okay m'lady?" Mo Young asked.

"Y-yeah, just a little nervous." my hands started to shake. "I think they're going to let you in now, m'lady." Mo Young tells me and I nod. I straightened my posture, held my hands together and placed them in front of my stomach. Holding my head high, the large gates were opened and all eyes were on me. Many people I recognized from the village watched in awe as I walked down the path towards the groom.

Banryu couldn't take his eyes off of me, he was in a daze which I found so cute. He wore a royal blue dalryung that stopped before his ankles and a samo was placed on his head. Obviously he was handsome but today I found him especially handsome. (a/n: bruh this is just me thirsting over him HDJHDJ)

After which felt like forever, I was finally in front of Banryu, staring at him with loving eyes. He smiled slightly at me before the ceremony began.

(a/n: okay so imma skip to the vows cuz i don't rlly know how wedding worked in this time so i apologize)

"Banryu, if I'm going to be completely honest. The moment you caught me from falling that day, I wanted to find out who you were. I wanted to see you again. Who knew that this day would come, that I'd be marrying you." I giggled and he let out a small laugh. "I just want to say that despite you not always showing it, you are a loving and kind person. I love you for that." I finished my vow.

"Thank you Areum. I'm glad you were the one to help me become a better person. I want to be with you every step of the way in my life. I thank you for not giving up on me. I love you." he grinned.

"You may kiss the bride." My body was pulled by Banryu. His arms rested on my waist and mine on his neck. Our lips touched and we shared a passionate kiss. We pulled away shortly and I looked into his eyes deeply

His gaze was serious and I smirked. All of a sudden the gates were pushed open, making a loud sound echo through the silent yard. Banryu and I turned our heads and saw a wonderful sight.