XXVI

"What's going on?" My eyes switched to where the voice came from. Banryu and I quickly pulled away from each other. "S-Suho, hi." I smiled awkwardly. "Are you two dating?" he asked and I coughed. "U-uh-" "Yes, and we're getting married soon." Banryu held my hand and my face faltered into a shocked expression.

"W-what?" Suho furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me. "Is this true?" "W-well yes..." I muttered. "Areum, I told you. I told you not to like him. He's going to hurt you, he's not a good person-" "Suho, please. He's not a bad person." I took a few steps closer to him and looked him in the eye.

"I know you guys have been competing with each other for the longest time but you have to see that he is a good person." I reasoned but Suho continued to disagree. "No Areum, I know him. I know that he'll do anything his father wants. He's just like him, he's selfish and only cares about himself." Suho kept on arguing but I wasn't having any of it. 

"You don't know him, you only know your judgement of him. You only know what his father orders him to do. You don't know him as a person. So please, don't say this bullshit." I contended. Suho didn't speak another word and only scoffed. "Whatever." he rolled his eyes and left.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before facing Banryu. He was staring at the ground with an unreadable expression. I placed my hand on his chin and lifted his head up. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. "When Suho said all of those things, it made me realize how much my father has done to me. I feel stupid." his eyes started to tear up. A tear finally fell from his eye and rolled down his cheek.

I pouted and wiped it away. "You're not stupid, you were just controlled for so long but now you are going to end that. I know you are a good person. Soo yeon thought so too." my face fell a bit when I remembered my best friend.

"I'm surprised you even forgave me. I believed my father meanwhile he was the reason for Soo yeon leaving. I gave you such a hard time." he continued to bash himself. "Stop it. That's all in the past now. The present is what counts, okay? I'll be with you every step of the way. We're going to do this together." I encouraged him.

His lips curved up into a soft smile which I chuckled at. I left a peck on his lips and pulled him into a hug.

__________________

Suho POV

"You don't know him, you only know your judgement of him. You only know what his father orders him to do. You don't know him as a person. So please, don't say this bullshit."

Her words rang in my head. I rubbed my forehead to try and calm myself down but it didn't work. "Why? Why him?" I exclaimed. I started to question Banryu's real personality. If Areum seemed to see a different side of him is it true that he is a good person? Or is he just playing her?

"Aish! I can't deal with this bullshit." I scratched my head in annoyance.

Eunhi POV

The front door slid open, Banryu and Areum walking in hand in hand. "How'd it go?" I rushed to them. "It went well. You should've seen the queen's face." Areum laughed. "She must've been scared huh? Just wait until she sees me." I joked. Banryu stayed quiet and I looked down at their hands.

"Is there something I missed?" I questioned. They both looked at me and then their hands. They hastily pulled away from each other. "U-um, Mrs. Kim. I really like your daughter and I would like to ask if it was okay with you if I dated-" "Sure." I cut him off.

"O-oh." Banryu was taken back with my quick response. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Kim" he bowed. "Just call me ahjumma. I don't like the surname 'Kim.' It reminds me of my sister." I cringed. The two laughed at my statement.