XXV

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. A few seconds later the door slides open. "Areum?"

"Master Youngshil." I bow to him with a smile. "What brings you here?" he asked. "Banryu told me about your plans." I answered. He looked at me before moving to the side. "Come in." I entered the place and was led to a living room where another man was.

"Take a seat, this is Park Ho. Banryu's biological father." Youngshil introduced the man to me. I bowed and sat down. "So Banryu told you?" Youngshil repeated my words. "Yes, and I have to say you planned carefully." I chuckled which he did as well. "I am a very precise man."

"But anyways, what exactly are you here for?" "Right, after hearing what Banryu told me and what you had to offer. I'm happy to say that I'm in." I stated. Youngshil's eyes slightly widened. "You do?" "Mhm." I hummed.

"So you're agreeing to marrying Banryu?" he questioned. "Yes I am." "And to take the queen down from the throne?" I nodded once more. Youngshil rubbed his chin and moved his head up and down.

"You agreed so easily, why is that? Do you expect something more from me?" he interrogated. "My family is dead because of her. That's why I want to get rid of her." I responded. "I see, well keep this engagement secret for now. We must do this carefully." Youngshil says. "Of course, Master Youngshil." I grinned.

"You are a very darling girl, smart and tough. You are the perfect wife for Banryu. He did mention that he likes you." My cheeks started to heat up when I heard him mention me as Banryu's wife. He laughed at my state.

"What do you think, Park Ho? She's perfect isn't she?" Youngshil nudged the quiet man. He looked up at me and barely smiled. "Yes, she is." I could tell he didn't like Youngshil's schemes but he only wanted the best for his son.

I felt pity for the man but I would make sure my family would get justice and Banryu would be free. All I need to do is toy with this old hag.

Banryu POV

I came home when the sun was down. I was sure that my father was going to rant about Areum once I entered the house.

"Oh Banryu, I'm glad you are home now. I have some news for you." My stepfather's voice called out to me. "What is it father?" I sat with him and my other father.

"Areum came by today, she agreed to the marriage." he said excitedly. I looked at him and smiled fakely. "T-that's great father." "It is, you will be getting the throne and the girl." he teased. I wanted to roll my eyes at his stupidity but I restrained myself.

"This is all I've ever wanted for you." he places his hand on my shoulder before walking to his room. I looked down at my other father and he looked back at me. "This is good for you son." he spoke and I nodded.

Don't worry father, that old man won't be controlling us for much longer.

Areum POV

I threw my hair up in my usual bun but this time put on my own hanbok. I picked up the folded red dress from my bed and hung my sword on my hip.

"Are you going now?" my mother leaned against the door frame. "Yeah, I'll be back later tonight." I say and kiss her on the cheek. "Make sure nothing goes wrong, I don't want you to get hurt." she said. "I'll be fine. I'll go now. Bye." I hugged her and walked out the door.

_______________

The doors were pushed open for me and I made my way to the queen's throne. "Your highness, Ms. Areum is here to see you." Mo Young announces from outside the door. The doors were opened and I entered along with a bow.