CHAPTER 9

~ALEXANDRIA'S POV~

Cass stops the car,slowly, arriving at my house. I tell her to wait outside, so I quickly run up to my front door, and opening it, knowing that father is that home. I quietly walk towards the stairs, leading to my room. But was stopped by the sound of a loud grunt, coming from the kitchen, I continue, walking to my room, rushing to pack a bag of clothes and necessary items, walking out of the room, remembering to lock my door.

I keep my head down, not wanting to get any unwanted attention.

"Don't you want to say good-bye to daddy, My dear daughter.",Fathers deep voice. Sounds like he had too many... He walks towards me, with a devilish smirk, playing on his face.

He pats my head, before whispering,"Did you think you would get away that easily, you fucker. Don't cause any more problems for me. Otherwise, I'll make more for you.", he says with his hot, disgusting breath on my neck. He yanks my hair, turning my head towards him, giving me a final look of evil. I dispise you.. And pushes me towards the door.

I rush out, not giving it a second thought. I stumble on the drive-way and catch Cassie looking at me with a sign of worry and confusion. I just wave it off with a happy face. Two days, without that bastard. It must be my lucky day...I smile to myself, while Cass just looks at me with a happy grin on her face.

We decided to take a detour because I had to make an excuse to go to the mall and use my ninja ways to buy gift wrap for Cassie's present. I hope she loves it, i used up some of the money mom left for me...A secret stash father should never find out about! Cass gives me a weird look and turns on the radio, And we smile at the lyrics that are playing and I sang to it in my head, smiling and looking out the window.

Cause we were just kids, when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes, you're holding mine.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms,

Barefoot on the grass, Listening to our favourite song..

And in that moment, I looked at my best friend, and smiled, She has been there for me, during my highest and my lowest, She has protected me from my darkest thoughts and she's been there whenever I needed her. She looks at me and says,"What's up?"

And I gave her the laziest smile ever, "The Sky. What-else?",I say with sarcarsm. She mutters under her voice,"Dumbass." and chuckles like a hyena. I give her a strange look and laugh out loud.

We reach the mall and she said,"I have to go buy groceries for mom and order party decorations and cater food for tomorrow, when you're done buying what ever you needed, Meet me at the food cafe, opposite 'Bells and Ribbons'. Okay?"

Perfect!! My plan will work. "Okay, Cass. What's the party decorations for? What's tomorrow?", I say acting confused.

"Shut the front door! You couldn't have forgotten my birthday!!", She said, being distressed. I act surprised and say,"Oh, well. I'll see you in an hour,Cass.", walking away with a smug smile on my face.

I turn around to see if she left, and she did. So I continue walking to the gift store and can't help but feel the weird tingles on the back of my neck, as if someone is watching me...