CHAPTER 18

~JACE'S POV~

Walking to my office, greeting my secretary and my Personal assistant, Sitting on my chair. I open my files and get some work done. "Sir, Here's your coffee and, if you need me, I'll be out", my personal assistance, Matthew says. "Thanks.", I nod curtly. I do all of my paperwork and move on to my files, and all of a sudden.

I receive a call from Cassie, wonder what's up...

Me:" Hey, Cass! What's up. Do you nee...", i say and she cuts me off.

Cassie: "Jaceee! Alex is in trouble! I can't explain, but you have to go get her, she's at her house!! She might be in danger! Please, go..", she says sobbing on the other side of this phone..

Me:"What..?", i say, not understanding. She texted me a few hours ago..

Cassie: "Hurry, Jace. He'll kill her!!!", she screams.

I stand up fast, quickly walking into the elevator with the phone to my ear,

Me: "Who is it?", i ask.

Cassie:" Her f..at..her..", she says , stuttering.

Me: " Call Lucas and stay with him for now.", I say cutting the call, clenching my jaw.

I get into the my Lambo, speeding to my princess' house, on the edge of murdering someone and calling for Mason and a few others.

Please be okay, Please be okay, Please be okay, princess! I love you, don't leave me. I say to myself over and over again, feeling a pang in my heart.

Reaching her house, I see the black SUV's behind my car, signalling them to stay behind me, I kick the front open, hearing loud screams from inside.

My blood boils, as I see a man, Jeffrey fucking frost, on the verge of touching my princess, "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?", he screams at me and I punch him square in the jaw, sending him to the ground, knocking him out. "Take him to the cell.", I tell Mason, telling everyone to leave.

I see my princess on the ground, tears in her eyes, covering her half naked body. I stare at her for a second, seeing all the blood and scars all over her. I snap out of it, remembering that she's in pain.

I slip out of my suit jacket, and put it on her, covering her and rushing her to the hospital. Seeing her flutter her eyes, open and closing."Hey, Alex! You're okay, Don't close those beautiful eyes. Baby girl!", I shout, to keep her awake. She mumbles,"I love you, jace.", while crying. "I know, baby. I love you,too, We're almost there.", i say softly, blinking the tears away.

"It hurts.",She groans. "I know, princess. We're here. Just stay awake a bit longer, okay?" My voice breaks, seeing her like this.

~AT THE HOSPITAL~

I let the nurses and doctors take her, into the emergency room, and go ahead to sign forms admitting Alex in one of my Well-known hospitals, giving her special attention for her treatment. Calling Cassie and Luc, telling them to come, I hold my head in my hands, Feeling my heart break. she's strong. she can do this.. I feel a pat on my back, I raise my head, looking at Lucas and Cass. We sit down, in the waiting room. Cassie, speaks and Tells us, what happened to Alex. I see Lucas, with a sad frown.

"Mr Kingsley, your wife is in a critical state, but she will be okay. She lost a lot of blood, and we are busy operating on her.", the doctor states with his head hung low. "Should we get the police involved?", he askes. Cassie looks with horror on her face,"No! Just no.", she says, shaking her head at me. My wife...

The doctor looks at me for assurance,"No, that won't be needed, doc.", I say.

Another doctor comes into the room, saying,"Mrs Kingsley is out of danger. She just needs rest and, One visitor at a time." And both the doctors walk out, after nodding at me.

I stand up in relief, and start walking but stop, I look at Lucas and Cassie, they give me a sad smile, telling me to go see her first.

I enter her room, seeing her body, on the bed, My eyes start tearing up, I walk to the hospital bed and lay my head on one of her small,cold hands. "I'm sorry. For not protecting you. I should have...been there, I am sorry,princess." I feel hands, go in my hair."I'm not dead yet, Jace, just hurt!",I hear her soft voice, not wanting to show her my tears. She cries and I hush her up, wiping away her tears.

"I missed you, babygirl.", I say, my voice broken. "I'm here, Jace.",she says sobbing, I lift my head up."I wish I was there for you. You could have told me..", I say. I grab a tissue and wipe her tears,again.

"I didn't know, Jace. Where is he?", she askes with uncertaincy and I look at her, "Cassie and Lucas are here. Do you want to see th...",she cuts me off. Placing her soft, pinkish lips on mine, I taste her saltly tears as it lingers on my lips. I see her pull back and blush. "Sorry. I wanted to shut you up.", she says while giggling.

God help me. This girl is going to be the death of me.

I sigh and Give Alex a goofy grin. I smile and say,"I love you, princess."

"I love you,too!",she giggles and I hear a knock on the door, "Come in.",Alex says gracing them with her smile.

"Casssiiieeee! I missed youuuu!", Alex shouts but I give her a look. I think it's the Morphine drug....

"Alex! I missed you, too! You silly goose.",Cassie hugs her and smiles. "What about me?",Lucas fakes sadness and frowns. "Lucass! Hiiiii! Thank you for coming.", Alex says while frowning and Lucas goes to hug her. "No prob, munchkin.",He says while patting her head softly.

"Right, Right! Alex needs some rest, so Princess! It's your sleepy time.", I say seeing her eyes flutter, showing that she's tired. I give Lucas a glare. Munchkin! That motherfuc..... I think to myself.

"Okay,Alex. We'll be back later.",Cassie says giving her a smile and hugging her gently, walking out.

Alex knocks out and I kiss her forehead, walking out,quietly.

I talk to Lucas for a few minutes, while Cassie is on her phone. And they decide to leave and come back later.

I receive a call from Mason. And jump into my car, Answering it.

Mason: "Jace, what should we do with him?", he askes questionally.

He hurt my princess and almost took her virg....Fuck! Nevermind! He should die, painfully.

Me:"You know what to do. Make him feel pain!", I said, clenching the steering wheel, cutting the call.

I drive home, to shower and bring clothes for Alex to change into. Thank god,she's okay..

(A/N: Wow, that was eventful..Next chapter in a few days.)